184 are online

Year

Day

Time

20:44:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 31 0:55
does any topic on xp's changes or bonuses count as restriction. i dont wanna ask the question had about xp's for fear of reprimindation(loss of current xp's or temporary ban). but i will say that experience is gained by experiencing things and the more you experience things the more you knowledge or skill you gain.

\"Our OOC selves are the manifestation of our IC\'s mind, morales, and conscious. We are the little voice inside of their heads that tell them what to do and how to think.\"

Year 9 Day 31 1:43
Phryss

The restricted topics are predictably listed in the sticky thread in the Suggestions forum titled " READ FIRST: Restricted Topics 2/1/07".

Repercussions stemming from posting regarding restricted topics generally are thread closure, mocking, and possible forum bans for repeat offenders, at the discretion of the moderator of that forum.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Year 9 Day 31 1:46
The worst thing you'll get from a bad suggestion is a temporary ban from that particular forum. That pretty much only happens when you're blatantly ignoring rules you're well aware of. You certainly won't suffer penalties to your character, or your overall SWC access.

The issue of the XP system is a tricky one, as generally any changes relate to changing the entire experience/skills system, which won't happen and is restricted for that reason.

If you want to make a suggestion about XP gain within the existing system, that is not against the rules.

If you make a suggestion like "XP from space travel should only be used to level up space skills", that's a major change, and not going to happen.

If you're ever unsure whether your suggestion is allowed or not, you can always drop the forum moderator a DM with a brief outline, and they should be able to tell you whether it violates the rules of that forum.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 31 2:01
ok my question/suggestion was that wouldn't a more active member/character have more experience in the combine than one who is on only a few times a month. so would it be futile to suggest xp also be gained by more activity whereas only restricted to things such as character action or rp'ing. or does activity only count as ooc. and if so this is not true due to the fact that while my character travels i also being apart of a faction and enrolled in the academy which in itself is an activity and also builds background for my character and is an experience gained in itself eventhough xp aren't awarded to my character on the combine. i also gain ooc experience by reading forums which i then learn different ways to write character background, learn history of the combine etc. currently xp is only gained physically (IC) even with rp'ing. but experience in real life is also gained mentally. this is something i have yet to find in the reality based combine. (not talking down on the combine this is a very good idea = )..)

Edited By: Ceth Starfire on Year 9 Day 31 2:12

\"Our OOC selves are the manifestation of our IC\'s mind, morales, and conscious. We are the little voice inside of their heads that tell them what to do and how to think.\"

Year 9 Day 31 2:18
Well, that's not restricted, but I can't predict how warm a response you'll get.

My initial reaction is that the knowledge and experience you gain OOC through being more active (on forums here, reading rules, participating in your faction's activities and events) makes you better able to play the game, and thus impacts your character's effectiveness that way rather than through the direct acquisition of XP.

But if you want to spark a full debate, by all means make a thread in the Suggestions forum.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.