Time

08:51:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Wondering about Modded Ships
Year 9 Day 140 23:27
Ku`Bakai Roche

I was wondering about modded ships and can't seem to find anything, I'm sure its someplace.

I was mostly wondering how a ship might become modified? (For example higher hyperspace, extra weapons or something similar)

KUranktagsig.gif
Year 9 Day 140 23:31
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

At the moment there is no method to modify ship stats.

In the past ships were modded through a variety of ways. Prizes for community games for example.

Staff consensus that avatar was inappropriately suggestive. (retards)
Year 9 Day 141 0:23
Ku`Bakai Roche

Okay thanks, any plans to reintroduce it?

KUranktagsig.gif
Year 9 Day 141 0:25
Combat and R&D will add capabilities to ships.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Year 9 Day 141 7:27
Ku`Bakai Roche

R&D might be nice, hopefully it'll come out first. Though that might not help me since I'm not in a ship building faction. I was thinking of modifications to existing ships more than anything. Still we'll see what comes up :).

Combat unfortunately I think is gonna be a real hard transition. The advantage is so great to some people at this point that when it comes out I see real problems. I know most would probably oppose it, but I would probably do a server reset at the onset of combat. Still we'll see maybe I'll be wrong, I hope so I just have a bad feeling about it.

KUranktagsig.gif
Year 9 Day 141 8:38
Not being in the know, I'm only guessing, but I expect when R&D and combat are enacted you'll be able to have your ship modified for a price of course. Here is why I believe so. First off with combat, you'll have damage and possibly destruction of complete modules. So removing and replacing modules would be possible, making modification possible. And we'll have to see when R&D comes out, but I expect the ability to create and upgrade modules and thereby ships will be possible.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Year 9 Day 141 9:25
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Just don't expect to be able to modify anything to a large extent.

Year 9 Day 141 9:36
I doubt very seriously if an Ion Battery would fit in the same location as an Ion Cannon on a Y-Wing. Though with R&D firing speed, range, and accuracy may be improved I would hope.

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Year 9 Day 142 11:46
Ku`Bakai Roche

Teya I was mostly looking at perhaps higher hyperspeed maybe slightly better weapons nothing major. (After all the game version of the YT-1300 is really already modded, its based on the Millenium Falcon which was a heavily modified one :) )

KUranktagsig.gif
Year 9 Day 142 13:07
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Just saying that you don't have to count on being able to mod it from six to fifteen. :)

Year 9 Day 142 15:26
Ku`Bakai Roche

I was thinking of something more modest like 6 to 8 :), maybe adding some missiles or torpedos :).

We'll have to see what comes.

KUranktagsig.gif