208 are online

Year

Day

Time

06:31:25

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 145 6:26
I've been having a look through the Force section of the rules and noticed this:

"1.4/ Force Abilities
Those characters who can tap into the Force naturally draw on its power to enhance their own abilities. Though a character may not even know he/she is a Force user, they gain the bonuses to their abilities automatically. Ability bonuses are linked to facet values, not to any skill. The higher a character's associated facet value, the greater the related ability bonus. The following table shows what skills are modified when a character has ability in any Force facet."

This seems to indicate that even if you have not been told you are FS from a test, you can still determine if you are by looking at your stats, and seeing if they have been increased beyond what you set them at.

My question(s) are: Does it really work that way? Has this been implemented? If it has this would be a realtively easy way for people to determine if they are FS, and stop them pestering all the testers. I'm guessing no since tests need to be done, so if that is the case why is it in the rules? Or is it a hidden bonus that you can't actually see in your stats but affects any equations that use those stats anyway?

Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 9 Day 145 8:23
I may have misunderstood, but when I asked a similar question, I was told this was not implemented, and that it was going to get change so that the results would be affected but not in an obvious way, so that being an undiscovered FS would have an affect.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Year 9 Day 145 8:33
Phryss

I may have misunderstood, but when I asked a similar question, I was told this was not implemented, and that it was going to get change so that the results would be affected but not in an obvious way, so that being an undiscovered FS would have an affect. 

Restated for correctness. Last I heard, this is the current plan for that feature. Of course, until it is actually implemented it is subject to change.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Year 9 Day 145 9:54
Yes, Orion is correct. This is not currently implemented, the skills bonuses are only in effect if you know you are FS. When we switch over to the new FS system, there will no longer be skill bonuses, just equation bonuses, and they will apply even if you don't know you're FS (because there would be no way for you to tell, it would simply appear like you were often getting favorable equation results).

Year 9 Day 145 16:50
until it is actually implemented it is subject to change. 

Restated for correctness.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 145 17:51
Ok thanks for that. I figured that it probably wasn't implemented, but its best to check. Maybe, depending on the time admins have, make a small notation at the top indicating that the Force rules are not fully implemented and are subject to change would be handy.

SO thanks for clearing that up.

Ellias_sig6.png