185 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:02:53

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » my character is stuck on the ground!
Cal Dolros

I was in the middle of moving within the city, and before I arrived at my destination a building began construction over my final destination. I arrived, and have been unable to move since. Building is still under construction and I'm stuck! Any help would be appreciated..

Cal Dolros

Sector: Coruscant
System: Nevoota (102, 3)
Planet: Gorbas (2, 16)
City: City 1 (3, 2)
Ground Position: (5, 12)

This seems like it might be the result of a glitch of some sort.

...Entities who will be moving through the construction site but who are not yet within the area will have their travel aborted...

- Star Wars Combine Rules Page

According to the Rules Page your travel should have aborted before reaching the site of construction. I personally do not know how to solve this, though the admin will I am sure. Either way, your probably ticking off the person overseeing the construction because construction of the facility has probably halted.

Oh by the way, it is never a good idea to post your exact location, especially in this context, knowing that you won't be moving anytime soon. Some people find pleasure in killing people in your situation.

Raphael Javiae Kiltron III
..If he is killed due to a bug stopping him, and posting his information for an admin to move him, then he would be revived. That is not even a concern.

Dolros, you may need to send a mail to assistants@swcombine.com separately to explain the situation (please be sure to include your handle in the mail), and I would advise posting in the bug base as well to ensure that this is resolved for others.

swcforumsig

I believe the position is important for the admins to know, but could be wrong.

You should definitely report this bug, as it appears to be one. And hopefully an Admin will be online soon to unstick you.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

not trying 2 be a @$$ but couldnt the admin's just script a little to move the person AWAY from the static object...

like wookies, trandotions will rip your arms off... and they might eat your brain too.
Doloth, did you catch this appears to be a bug. Correcting the bug is the answer, not creating a script to deal with it.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Get someone to land a ship on your location and see if it will let you enter the ship.

I have become Death, Destroyer of Worlds.
In water we are born, In fire we die.
Or Ask the admin to move you like they really should have already done...

\"Visit
Assuming the e-mail was sent to the aforementioned e-mail address for investigation.

swcforumsig

Cal Dolros

I submitted a bug form as Syn suggested, but did not send the email until today. We have since tried landing a ship on my coordinates, but no luck.