Year

Day

Time

10:08:56

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 225 8:00
Alright, I am not sure exactly what forum this should go in but:

I was browsing the Who's Online List and there is a new player named Don Quixote. Don Quixote. Doesn't that name break one of the name rules?

Who accpeted that name?

Raphael Javiae Kiltron III
Year 9 Day 225 9:50
It has been said many times. There are names of people who created before the name rules came into effect. Most likely this is one of those people. The admin have said that they will not change these names, unless the player wishes to do so.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 9 Day 225 10:12
As has also been said before, depending on who is accepting names at any given time the historical/fictional/anime/famous names they recognize at a glance will differ.

ns8LjpC.png

Y15 D337 - The day a God was proven mortal

Year 9 Day 225 10:30
Indeed. Also some names are not as famous. In our faction we have a Tarl Cabbot, that is a name from John Norman's Gor novels and the most prominent character as well. If it comes from a not as well known source it is very easy to get the name in.

I hate to admit this but I kinda borrowed my name from a TV show and a Johny Cash song. The show was called "The Rebel" It ran for 3 seasons in the late 1950s early 1960s. I got to watch a few re-runs of it with my dad when I was very young and they stuck with me. Besides the main character Johnny Yuma was both cute and a very honorable person. (and if anyone knows where I can get this on DVD.........)

Signature.jpg\"
DDT_hbanE2.png\"
div
Year 9 Day 225 10:44
Don Quixote is a name from classic literature and has been approved for a new player who has joined within the last 24 hours.

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Year 9 Day 225 10:55
Ouch. Obviously someone doesn't read classical lit then on the name team.

Signature.jpg\"
DDT_hbanE2.png\"
div
Year 9 Day 225 10:59
Ralgarrch

Those who accept new handles do not research every name that's requested nor memorise every name of significance throughout history. The game is not going to end because a name a handful of people might recognise is accepted, it really doesn't matter. Just be glad names like 'Enemy Number One' get booted.

Edited By: Ralgarrch on Year 9 Day 225 11:00

Ral.png
Year 9 Day 225 13:48
Indeed. Though think of the hunt people would have on the poor soul if he DID get accepted.

*Shudders*

Signature.jpg\"
DDT_hbanE2.png\"
div
Year 9 Day 225 21:01
I am not going to lose sleep over it, but I just thought I would point out that Don Quixote DID join within the last 24 hours. And at least to me, that name is fairly well-known. I don't expect the admin to research each case thoroughly but c'mon, thats a classic guys...

Thanks for all the input.

Raphael Javiae Kiltron III
Year 9 Day 226 1:54
You'll get used to shitty names around, Raphael. Even the SWC name generator has the last name Mickiewicz in it. Adam Mickiewicz is considered to be one of the greatest Polish writers. I once saw a Baragwin NPC named Mickiewicz. That's just dumb, but hey what can you do.

Uriq Hannar