142 are online

Year

Day

Time

00:37:16

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 6 Day 249 12:40
Do the penalties to crime and moral apply only to cities with negative power, or to a city with power of 0?

For example, I have a number of empty cities that I put down in preparation of building areas up, and have not had the resources to build them all up yet. Will they negatively effect the planet stats, or is it only if I build something without a power generator?

And a follow-up question, does the penalty apply if a city is partially unpowered, or only if it completely unpowered?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 6 Day 249 13:38
Only to cities that have power < 0

Completely empty cities won't have an affect because their power will be 0.

Cities can either be unpowered, have no remaining power (0) or have a surplus of power (> 0). So it's only for unpowered.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 249 14:29
Okay.

Ooh, follow-up question. If you power an unpowered city, does it negate the effects on crime and morale, or does it simply stop them from getting worse?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 6 Day 249 22:00
stops 'em getting worse.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 250 22:43
so if you have a planet with alot of cities thats unpowered and suffer the penalties for some time it basically mean that it will cost you alot of credits to build and improve morale and crime stats?

horbanner.gif
Year 6 Day 251 0:07
aye

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 251 0:31
hmm,
seems a bit to much.
should be somesort of slow increase back to original levels after that power is back online. Basically since one day of missing power could otherwise take months to repair.

Might be a lot of problem otherwise for fully develop planets, not that there are many of thoose around but still.

horbanner.gif
Year 6 Day 251 0:36
We'd have to start storing timestamps for when cities go un/powered then, and some counter for how many times we'd upped the morale/crime since the power came back on. Bring it up in RC, see if Vey can come up with a simpler solution.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 251 0:45
Could the morale/crime not simply be re-calced when power is turned back on? (Perhaps with a timer for order being restored?)

Or be re-calced when a new facility is created?

I'm not too well up on how the morale/crime rates work, so I'm not sure if re-calcing is a valid solution.

Year 6 Day 255 3:13
Any word on this?

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 255 3:35
Recalculating is not possible as the system works by increment (and not reset/recalculate).

the variation is of 0.1% per day per unpowered city. It does not take months to fight that. But we could reduce that amount a bit if necessary.

Sim Master Veynom

*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
Year 6 Day 255 12:03
What does it take to get it back up?

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay