Time

10:33:13

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Needing control of my character
Year 9 Day 315 15:52
Mico Reedsnoft

Help! I need to figure out how to move my character!!!

Please someone help me.

Year 9 Day 315 16:13
Use the "Position" link to the right, then "Travel".

I'd suggest reading the Guide and the Rules, linked at the top of every page.

Year 9 Day 317 1:13
Ralgarrch

Also clicking buttons and seeing what they do works quite well, none of them will kill you.

Ral.png
Year 9 Day 319 20:41
Kwanzoo Libo

I went to Position and then to Travel, but still had no luck. Help!

Year 9 Day 319 20:45
Zeek R`oadi

This is a browser game. There is no downloadable client, so you do not control your character in real-time like you would in KOTOR or something like that, but the roleplaying component is optional. In gameplay, you use buttons and click on maps or enter coordinates to select your destination, and that sort of thing.

Combat is not yet implemented, so if that is your only interest here, you may want to give it some thought, as at the moment players are primarily occupying themselves with features like construction, production, mining, and managing factions.

- Syn

Also, actions (examples of actions in Syn's post) take time to complete. It is called delayed real time, if I recall correctly. Traveling can take from 1 hour to several days, a week in some cases, to complete.

You do not see a character. You see a map of your surroundings, whether it be a ship, city, building, or another type of entity.

Year 9 Day 319 21:02
You are inside of a facility. Under position -> travel, you can use the arrow icons under the room map to move through rooms until you find the exit room. To see how that looks, click Room Map Legend, also under position -> travel.

swcforumsig