Year

Day

Time

20:37:08

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 9 Day 321 9:00
Why is it that when I landed my ship in a city, no matter where I attempted to leave my ship and go to a specific place in the city, The Combine ignored my intended destination and would only allow me to go to 0, 0? Is this a bug, or is there an actual reason for it?

Year 9 Day 321 9:43
an you give some more details?

Year 9 Day 321 11:30
More details,....like what. If I try to begin at 9, 21 in the city, and want to go to 15, 6, Combine defaults my destination to 0, 0. I don't get a choice.

Year 9 Day 321 11:39
Hmmm...Sounds like a bug, all right. If you haven't already, register an account in Bug Base and post your problem.
Here's the link: http://bugs.swcombine.com/

Year 9 Day 321 15:09
Zeek R`oadi

Are you actually traveling? Sounds like you are just going to the travel screen, and the two buttons for coordinates say (0, 0), because you haven't input your destination yet. You said that you "wanted" to go to a specific coordinate, but you didn't specify that you had tried.

Year 9 Day 321 22:22
Seriously? Are you seriously trying to call me stupid. You must be caling me stupid to think I do not know the difference between wanting and doing. Listen, if that is in fact the case, I would be overjoyed to resolve this in a more personal and private manner.

Year 9 Day 321 23:17
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

+10 points for the guy doing his best to interpret a post as negatively as he can.

Have you tried manually inputting the coordinates instead of selecting them using the map?

Edited By: Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl on Year 9 Day 321 23:44

Staff consensus that avatar was inappropriately suggestive. (retards)
Year 9 Day 321 23:53
What steps exactly are you taking?

What are you seeing at each stage?

When exactly is it going wrong?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 322 0:37
Well, Hal, the steps are 1. Travel, 2. City, 3 Select location on the city travel map at the bottom of the page, 4. Go. After that, the page refreshes and shows my planned route and ending destination: 0, 0, although the General Events log will typically tell me the same information I originally input for travel. However, Teyacapan presents a lucid and valid interrogative, I have not tried to manually input the coordinates in the X, Y fields on the travel section of the page. Hmmm, I must give that a try. Nevertheless, the results will not change the fact that there seems to be an issue with the point and click interface.

Year 9 Day 322 2:09
Three questions:
1. At step 3, does the screen show the correct destination information? (Stupid question, but I just want to make sure)
2. Where do you arrive at?
3. What browser (and version) are you using?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 9 Day 322 5:12
Zeek R`oadi

Sounds like a bug, which would fall under this category...

Ladies and gentleman
We have recently had problems with in-game actions sticking and not completing successfully. This has happened over a range of action types and we are unsure as to the cause. However, please do NOT post any more bug reports, we understand there is an issue and do not need 50 reports a day to remind us.

As a side note, pleaes remember to first CHECK the bugbase for SIMILIAR ISSUES! I do not like having to close large numbers of reports over one simple thing. Check for an existing bug, and if it exists be patient.

- Sim News

Now...

Seriously? Are you seriously trying to call me stupid. You must be caling me stupid to think I do not know the difference between wanting and doing. Listen, if that is in fact the case, I would be overjoyed to resolve this in a more personal and private manner.

- Kis Marr

I did not say anything to imply that I thought you had a low intelligence. I stated that you had not indicated that you had tried to move yet.

Year 9 Day 322 9:54
Everything appears normal until I try to execute. When I point and click GO that is when it tries to go to 0, 0. Besides I reported it the Combine's Bug site yesterday, before the SIM News update. Actually, I think I precipitated that particular post.

Edited By: Kos Marr on Year 9 Day 322 9:56
Year 9 Day 322 10:06
If you were the one making all the reports of locks stalling, then that would be the case.

swcforumsig

Year 9 Day 322 11:43
Basically, my entire existence here in the Combine right now, requires constant movement. I haven't had any symptoms that you describe or that have been described in any sim report. I just wanted to report, that if this is some sort of bug, it's not very wide spread.

Edited By: Mantra Sardis on Year 9 Day 322 11:57
Year 9 Day 322 20:43
I disagree, Zeek. "Sticking and not completing successfully" does not equate to "going to a completely wrong destination".

Yes, this is almost certainly a bug, but the question is exactly where the bug is occuring. Is it a problem with the destination information being sent to SWC, or is it a display problem with the information being shown?

This is why I asked about where he actually arrives, and what browser he was using.

Year 9 Day 322 22:10
Zeek R`oadi

My point was that he was encountering a problem with the coordinates being (0, 0) (which is default in the travel screen when selecting where to travel), and he did not specify that he had actually attempted to travel to his chosen coordinates. It could have been he had seen it set at (0, 0) and thought he couldn't travel anywhere else. Thus is why every detail must be provided and everything must be clear before true assistance can be given.

Year 9 Day 322 22:22
Well, now that you mention it, I have noticed, that when I select my destination via mouse, the coordinates do not load in the X, Y coordinate fields on the bottom half of the page. Does that mean anything? Besides, Veynom has already trash-canned MY problem.

Year 9 Day 322 22:57
If you are able to enter the coordinates by typing them in, and that takes you to your destination, then it is probable that you have something, such as an addon or a browser or firewall setting, preventing you from running scripts from this website.

swcforumsig

Year 9 Day 323 0:14
Well, I am using Firefox 3.03, and it doesn't seem to be compatible with much, so maybe it IS me after all. Great avatar, btw. Is GalMart an exclusive entity, or can I get a website?

Year 9 Day 323 3:05
GalMart is a faction.

swcforumsig

Page 1 2