Year

Day

Time

07:44:29

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Centre
Archives » Shield Generator VS. Shield Projectors
I can't find anything in the rules about this, what is the difference between a shield
generator and a shield projector? Does it have anything to do with shield size or strength?

As far as I know, a Generator is a facility - something like the one on Hoth. It has to be stationary, a Projector can be hand held or at least portable I think, although I am not sure about that.

Creatures I\'ve seen: Rancors.

\"Active
Kai Xaviar
Kai Xaviar
The description for the facilities are here:

Generator: http://rules.swcombine.com/?3x3&ID=28

Projector: http://rules.swcombine.com/?7x7&ID=42

ns-small.jpg\"

Those who stand for no-one, fall for anyone.

Projector projects the shield, I.E. the one on Endor that shielded the Death Star

Shield Generator generates a shield, I.E. something similar to what the Gungans used.

Artemis de Chatillon

Artemis de Chatillon

Azhrarn Amaratha
Azhrarn Amaratha
A better example of the shield generator would be the shield that protected the rebel base on hoth. (regional shield)

In essence the generator is there to protect cities on a planet from bombardment or intrusion. The projector is indeed like said the shield that protected the death star, its function is to protect a space station in obit or perhaps close to orbit?

But right now only shield generators are already working in the game.

Not even the sky is the limit !
The shield generators protect a chunk of the ground, while a shield projector protects something in orbit.

Am I getting CPs for this?

Battered, burned, bruised. What\'s next on the fad list?-Slyte OHann
Hmm... So for I don't have a definitive answer, is there an admin who not only knows, but knows what the difference is?

All the answers you were given (except Retto's) were the same and were correct. A generator protects an area on the ground (and is implemented) and a projector "projects" a shield to boost the shield power of a space station (or perhaps a ship) in orbit (and is not currently implemented).

Thanks y'all!