182 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:08:25

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 322 15:25
What exactly is a custom NPC, and, more importantly, how do I get one?

Am I getting CPs for this?

Battered, burned, bruised. What\'s next on the fad list?-Slyte OHann
Year 9 Day 322 19:04
A custom NPC is different in that instead of having set Skill Points (Except for race bonus), you can assign them yourself! You can hire them inside personal residences or from training academies. To hire an NPC you go inside the facility you want to hire them from, go to the position page, click "Actions", then "Hire NPCs". The rest is easy.

Year 9 Day 322 20:44
Actually, a custom NPC is typically used for the ability to customise their speech, rather than assigning their skill points. Especially since they can't use those skills for anything at the current time.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 322 21:23
Although, aren't custom NPC scripts not working at the moment?

Year 9 Day 322 23:20
You can also hire them from Civic Centres I believe.

Phil - I believe it is semi-working...

mikequekara.jpg\"
Year 9 Day 323 4:23
What is semi-working supposed to mean? And Why, when I go into private residences, are the only available NPCs only residents!!!

Year 9 Day 323 6:08
from the rules page
1.4/ Custom NPCs

Custom NPCs do not get any pre-set class skills. Instead, they receive some Skill Points (SP) that must be assigned in their skills by the players, using the regular skills rules. Custom class 1 NPC get 5 SP, class 2 get 7 SP, and class 3 get 9 SP.

Custom NPCs can be hired from inside Personal Residence, Training Academy for a base cost of 80,000 credits.

by semi-working, he means the speak-tree link is bugged and only works part of the time.

Edited By: Gravnkev Forestwanderer on Year 9 Day 323 6:10
Year 9 Day 323 8:10
Ah, so that's what that means. I thought you got custom NPCs using CPs. That's how everything else that is custom in the Combine is obtained.

Year 9 Day 323 8:47
Well not this. Also the reason the only available NPC is a resident in your Personal Resident is quite logic. Why would for example a Grenadier or a Rifleman be for hire in your house. You have to go to a Spaceport for Space NPCs, to a Barrack etc. for Military NPCs etc. You can see it on the rules page of each facility.

Creatures I\'ve seen: Rancors.

\"Active
Year 9 Day 323 8:50
Also, if you want a custom NPC, get one from a training academy, not a personal residence. They have a higher chance for more spendable SP that way.

Year 9 Day 323 8:57
You can apply a custom image (pending art team approval, of course) to your custom NPC through the CP exchange.