Year

Day

Time

17:26:40

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 103 16:30
Lucas Valentine

Hello, I've been stuck on the planet Adkinien where I spawned, for a few weeks now. I have contacted the planet owners and they say there is no way I can leave, or be picked up. There is some kind of shield around the planet. what can I do?

Year 10 Day 103 21:53
Christian Hall

Join the owners faction they may pick you up then when your out of the shield and on a different planet leave the faction or stay with it.

Year 10 Day 103 22:02
Tony Barzini

I have a friend there as well, and I have seen the planet, the GE covered the entire planet with shields, you will either have to CP spawn a ship, or join the Empire to get out of there. (I wont be much help being on the other side of the shield).

\"Rescue the president, Rescue the hostages, disarm the terrorists...\"
\"Rescue the terrorists, disarm the president, and kill the hostages...\"
\"Disarm the hostages
Year 10 Day 103 23:09
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

CP spawning a ship won't help since he'll still be stuck under said shield.

Year 10 Day 103 23:10
CP spawning a ship will not help - shields prevent passage out as well as in.

I am not sure if the Shuttle NPCs will allow you to bypass shields (the ones that offer transport to an owned/piloted ship in orbit) but you may be able to get someone to pick you up that way.

If the planet has a Starport, you can definitely use that to bypass the shields, and then get picked up from your destination.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 104 16:44
Lucas Valentine

Year 10 Day 100, 14:59 You were declined as a member of the Galactic Empire with the following comment: faction hopper
2 Year 10 Day 100, 5:46 Your application request has been sent to the Galactic Empire.

I left because they wouldnt pick me up, then joined another faction... who Couldnt pick me up. So i left to join the Galactic Empire again to get transported. and i got declined.

Now i cant play SWC until i die? but i cant die. theres nothing here that can kill me.

Admin kills available?

Year 10 Day 104 17:14
Admins will not kill a character. You'll have to make your way to the NPC Spaceport, and hire transport offplanet from there.

Year 10 Day 104 17:25
Lucas Valentine

There isnt one here.

Year 10 Day 104 17:48
Tony Barzini

Perhaps Orph or Goth can help? At least with the execution part.

\"Disarm the hostages
Year 10 Day 104 19:04
haha Tony....

Empire does have a problem with the 'Faction Hopper' thing. I applied 12 hours after i joined, 'bout 12 minutes later i get the same message.

DM sent.

Edited By: Joe Falco on Year 10 Day 104 19:10
Year 10 Day 104 21:10
The GE is keeping new players grounded(and possibly from playing if they don't join their faction. Bad form!). I don't know if the spawning planet can be removed, to keep others from being stranded in this fashion.

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 10 Day 104 21:18
Tony Barzini

You can only spawn on a factions planet by being apart of their Faction. It then lets you pick their HQ`s instead of just the Home planet. If the members leave, their screwed.

\"Disarm the hostages
Year 10 Day 104 22:52
This is something the Admins may have to make a call on. It seems to me that in a way it Violates the "Golden Rule" Unless we are using the "Whoever has the gold makes the rules" Variant.

How can newcomers to the combine know which worlds are locked down and which ones are not? We don't provide them with any list so they can avoid it. And shielding an entire homeword so that no one can get off it without joining the empire seems like using OOC Knowledge to affect IC game play.

Maybe the Admins can move the spawn point to the same city as an NPC Starport to fix this problem. Otherwise something more drastic needs to be done. Like adding in an NPC Starport where it is easily accessible to newbies.

Signature.jpg\"
DDT_hbanE2.png\"
div
Year 10 Day 104 23:13
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

"And shielding an entire homeword so that no one can get off it without joining the empire seems like using OOC Knowledge to affect IC game play."

It's not a homeworld.

Year 10 Day 104 23:59
Ralgarrch

The trapped for 3 weeks and ask the admin to let you NPC your character rule should apply in such situations. Though I would actually be in favour of a "don't be an ass to newbs in such a way" rule.

Ral.png
Year 10 Day 105 1:05
Its the GE Ral, how can they not?

But yeah, presumably the 3 week 'trapped' move will probably be the best bet.

Ellias_sig6.png