Day

Time

00:15:20

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 146 9:32
Alexander Kuhn

Thanks in advance for those who answer the question! Here it is:

Say I have a YT-2000. The weight cap is 12 tons.
I also have a T-16 Skyhopper that weighs 12 tons.

My first question is does the YT-2000 actually hold *exactly* 12 tons, and if so does the T-16 weigh *exactly* 12 tons?

If the answer is yes, then what if I bring a couple of weapons and say a single suit of armor on board, totaling a few kg. Would that be allowed, or would it already be full with the T-16?

Thanks guys.

If one can control his anger, he can learn to manipulate the anger of others. If he can control another's anger, then he's able to control their emotions, and thus their mind.
Year 10 Day 146 9:39
Yes, the weight cap and weight are exact, so the T-16 will fit in the YT-2000. But you won't be able to bring any items with you into the YT-2000.

However, I think if you load a few small items into the T-16 (.100 ton weight cap) before you load it into the YT-2000, the weight of the items won't count against the weight capacity of the YT-2000. I'm not 100% sure on that, but you could try it out.

Light speed is too slow! We're going to have to go right to...Ludicrous speed.

Amp Thane, Captain, BFF-1 class freighter EQUUS
Year 10 Day 146 9:47
Alexander Kuhn

Thanks for the quick reply Amp!

Before I spend extra time and money can anyone confirm that I can put items in a T-16 and then put the T-16 into the YT-2000?

If one can control his anger, he can learn to manipulate the anger of others. If he can control another's anger, then he's able to control their emotions, and thus their mind.
Year 10 Day 146 10:45
The weight of the items in the T-16 don't matter, the only problem is you could never take them out of the T-16 while it was still docked in the 2k, so you'd have to be on a planet somewhere to access them.

Year 10 Day 146 10:48
I would not do it, a lot of guns weight more then .1T and all armor weights more then .1T so you wont be able to store anything of size in the T-16, now most helmets weight right around .1T so you could keep a helmet in it, not to mention that you can't have anything on you when you fly the YT-2000 or when you fly the T-16, to me that is not a good idea, I would suggest using a smaller speed, or use a YT-1300 or a YT-1210 if you can afford either one, they are HS 6 so they are slightly slower but have larger weight caps.

Selkath02-2.gifThe Wandering SelkathSelkath02.gif
Year 10 Day 146 12:18
Alexander Kuhn

Okay, thank you guys. Saying money isn't a factor and taking RP value (ie. weapons, defence, speed) into account, would a YT-1300 with a Skyhopper be better than a YT-2000 with a 64-Y Swift 3 Repulsorlift Sled? I know the YT-1300 is heavier armed and can carry more, but is it worth sacrificing the extra speed and armor/shields?

Edited By: Alexander Kuhn on Year 10 Day 146 12:31

Year 10 Day 146 13:00
Depends, if you better value exp and getting to where you want to go faster use the faster ship but if you better care for your protection and ability to kill others use the slower ship.

GwaziMagnum.gif
Year 10 Day 146 13:12
Calla: No gun, helmet or armor weighs more than .1 tons (100kg). They are in the 1kg to 30kg range.

Year 10 Day 146 13:38
Sorry I was looking at the volume number of the item and thinking it was the weight, I am surprised that no one noticed that until now, I guess you can store more in the T-16 when you compare the right numbers, sorry about that.

Selkath02-2.gifThe Wandering SelkathSelkath02.gif