242 are online

Year

Day

Time

19:42:14

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » "Facility Income Transactions" page?
Peter Silverwood

One thing I'm not finding how to do using Inventory 2.0 is get the simple list of facility incomes, like the old "Facility Income Transactions" page. Yes, I know that income is listed on the main facility income page, but I'm just looking for a simple easy to see layout...am I missing something?

Yeah, that page has gone. Just filtering for income and then exporting it to excel would probably be the easiest way to find what you got and quickly.

Ellias_sig6.png
Actually, you can get the list by clicking "Faction Transactions" or "Transaction Sheets" just under your Inventory Interface on the right hand side of the screen.

http://www.swcombine.com/members/inventory/transactions/fincome.php

The page is still there. You can reach it by going to the "Transaction Sheets" under your inventory, and selecting "facility income transactions"

Light speed is too slow! We're going to have to go right to...Ludicrous speed.

Amp Thane, Captain, BFF-1 class freighter EQUUS
Don't rely on it being around for much longer. Once we've got the FI aspects of Inventory 2.0 up to scratch we'll be ditching the old separate transaction page.

Kids these days!
Is there any chance of a FI-specific export option, then? I can use the full export, but have to ditch a lot of columns to make it manageable. It would be nice to be able to get a nice, FI based export for those of us who rely on managing for FI.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Hal, I could sell you my FI management script :)

mystats.php?uid=c1
Xavze Zavan

I am sad to hear my beloved transaction sheets will be going the way of the Dodo.

I found these pages extremely useful with an easy to read format and various sorting options.Oh well ;_;

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
I'm not sure "Factions based upon facility management for FI should buy Togan's script" is good SWC policy.

Although I've heard worse. ;)

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Hal, it's not policy, but it's the easiest solution :)

mystats.php?uid=c1
Ooh, I like that policy :)

Hal,
Yup, I think we could manage a separate export option for FI.

Xavze,
Then tell us how to make the FI options in Inventory better :)

Kids these days!
Xavze Zavan

I just like it as a seperate entity.Whoever made that FI sheet did an awesome job and I look at it as a step back kinda incorporating it into Inv from a user standpoint.

I guess I'll just have to adjust.

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
Peter Silverwood

What I like about the facility income transactions page is its simplicity. It's simple and easy to see exactly (and only) the information I care about.

For example, let's say I'm looking to buy a facility on Random Planet A, and want to check to see how much my facilities on that planet made last month:
Using the Facility Income Transactions page, I click "Planet" and it sorts by planet. I find the planet I'm looking at (ctrl-f and type the first few characters), and I'm done. The incomes are right there, the only thing in their column, and I can quickly see all of them, without any extra clutter.
Using the Facilities Inventory 2.0 page, I have to click the "Filter By" button (which doesn't really have an obvious icon, either...I think a list with one item bright and the rest dimmed would be better, as it is it just looks like it's setting up a tree view to me), then select "Planet," then scroll through to find the planet I want, click it, click "Filter." The incomes are then nestled among several icons and health bars (or tucked inside a block of text), and I can't see all of them easily in one glance.

One thing that is nice about the Inv2.0 version is the ability to see a several-month income history for a single facility, but what if (in a similar vein to the above request), I want to see the previous month's income for the facilities on a given planet? The FIT page made that easy, I don't even know if it's possible with the Inv2.0 version...

Sorry if that was kind of long and rambling, it's been a long day.

Xavze,
That we me, thanks :)

If enough people seem to prefer it we'll probably keep it around until we develop the functionality in Inv 2 to a more advanced stage. There was a similar idea brought up in one of the other threads - that we expand the range of available views to include some tailored to specific tasks like this. The idea is that you only display information relevant to the task at hand, so in this case we'd probably nix the status and options columns, simplify assign to, and use the new space to display more information about the income and warnings.

Kids these days!