Time

19:30:56

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » NPC Transport Tutorial Needed
Year 10 Day 170 11:46
Hi everyone!

Well, i don't need it myself, but i need to give some pointers to a new guy that is stranded on a far away Homeworld (Shili).

I know there is a NPC Transport Service there but, as i never used one yet, i don't know how to use it, or where do i have to look for it.

So, here are some questions:

Where it is usually located? On a Starport?
Where do you find the NPC, once you are on the correct building?
Can you choose any location?
Has it any cost?

Feel free to post anything else that i must know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

334kf0h.png

A trip to where!!?? Well... it could be fun... After all, i never traveled in the vicinity of a black hole. What could go wrong? Let's do it!
Year 10 Day 170 12:01
Most, if not all, of the questions you ask are covered by the Rules, in the section for NPC Transport.

Please refer to this page, and then return with any questions that it does not cover.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 170 14:03
I read the rules when i joined the game, and i check them from time to time. But maybe i'm a fool of sorts, as i'm looking for this specific and "clear" rule for about 40 minutes now, and i can't seem to find it.

So, Hal, if you're so kind to post some link to the right place, i'll be most gratefull.

Thanks.

334kf0h.png

A trip to where!!?? Well... it could be fun... After all, i never traveled in the vicinity of a black hole. What could go wrong? Let's do it!
Year 10 Day 170 14:49
Click "Rules" up there at the top of the page. Look about 3/4 of a screen down the first column, under the "Movement" heading to where it says "NPC Transport". Click it.

If that's too tough for you, this is the link.

I shall further quote, in case the page is not clear enough for you:

Q. Where it is usually located? On a Starport?

A. "travel between two powered Starports" - first paragraph. This first paragraph also further describes the variety of circumstances under which NPC transport can be used, including destination options based upon starport ownership.

Q. Where do you find the NPC, once you are on the correct building?

A. "Any character entering a Starport is able to access, from the docking bay, a list of possible destinations" - second paragraph.

Q. Can you choose any location?

A. I refer you back to the answer to the first question, and the first paragraph of the link for specific details. But basically, you can go from one owned by a faction to another owned by that faction, or from NPC-owned to NPC-owned, or NPC-owned to faction owned. You can't go faction-owned to NPC-owned.

Q. Has it any cost?

A. "(for a fee)" - first paragraph. "a list of possible destinations and the corresponding price" - second paragraph. "The following equation is used to calculate the price that a character must pay in order for him and the accompanying party to use the transport service.

Are the rules still unclear?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 10 Day 170 15:56
Thanks for you help Hal!

See? It wasn't that hard after all, to help me out.
And at the same time you got, almost for free, the overwhelming joyous experience of making someone else (me) appear as a fool (and truly a fool i am).

Leaving the sarcasm aside: I've already found out where to look, but I thank you greatly for your guidance, Hal. Is that i wish that every admin shows a bit more kind, you know. Because it is refreshing when some admin helps another guy without flaming him or something. After all, this is a newbie place. And a newbie maybe doesn't know where to look for some specific rule or how (especially when the newbie works 12hs a day on RL, got a family, etc, and has to make some time to read rules on a game, to help some other newbie ;) )

I'm sincerely gratefull for your help, Hal
Thanks for your time. I assure you it was not wasted.

Narod.

334kf0h.png

Year 10 Day 170 17:02
I did help you without flaming you, the first time. I informed you where you could find the information you sought without being lazy and asking someone to spoon feed it to you. It would also have saved you time as you would not have had to wait for someone to respond to your thread.

When you decided to be an ass in response, then I responded in kind.

Newbies, as much if not more than older players, need to be taught to use the rules. They are provided for that very reason - to answer questions about how features work. I can understand that some pieces of information are in somewhat obscure places, but this was not one of them. It took me less time to look at the rules page to verify the information was available than it took me to reply to your post. Therefore it would have taken YOU less time to look at the rules than to come running to the forum to ask a question about something covered in the rules.

It's the "teach a man to fish" approach. Perhaps next time you'll exhaust the resources available for players to assist themselves before you ask an obvious question, next time.

Year 10 Day 170 19:50
I've told you that i've finally manage to find the NPC transport rule before your second post.

Again, thank you. Your efforts are not lost on me.

Case closed.

334kf0h.png