Year

Day

Time

22:33:14

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Shields and restricted terrain planets
Some planets lack any non-restricted terrain. For example, Hoth only has glacier and mountain terrain. Given that facilities only up to 5x5 can be built on such terrain, and a shield projector is a 7x7 facility, does this mean that it is impossible to set up any planetary shields on such planets?

You can't take the sky from me.
It would be impossible to project a shield over any entity in orbit of the planet, yes. Shield generators are 3x3 and would thus be able to be built.

There is a Shield "Generator" that is a 3x3. But Orph is referring to the Shield "Projector" that is 7x7. So, do you need both to have a shield, or not?

2zdt4r5.png
impossible to set up any planetary shields

- The Great and Powerful Orph

Shield generators create planetary shields. I'm assuming that he had a brain fart (because I know he's built plenty of shield generators) and for some reason thought you needed a shield projector to have planetary shields. To answer your question, no, you do not need to have both, you need only a shield generator. Shield projectors are not currently coded, but as far as I know they will work like the Endor shield generator, boosting the shield levels of a space station or something similar in orbit.

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

"It would be impossible to project a shield over any entity in orbit of the planet"

^ What a shield projector does.

"Shield generators are 3x3 and would thus be able to be built."

^ What creates a planetary shield.