Day

Time

21:27:21

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 10 Day 242 9:57
Kendall Holm

ok well ... I dont trust the Wookpedia, most info is either stretched or false, there is a better one out that is endorsed by Lucas Films and this is what it says ....

These ships could carry up to five million metric tons of cargo, and were designed to carry normal cargoes as well as weapons of war. The average LH-3210 required a crew of 175 to operate, including the command staff and workers. It could accommodate up to 6,250 AAT tanks, 550 MTT transports, fifty C-9979 transports, and a complement of 1,500 droid starfighters.

References "Secrets of Naboo" ISBN 0-7869-1794-6, "Star Wars Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook" ISBN 0-7869-1793-8, "The Official Star Wars Website" http://www.starwars.com

Combine Stats
Weight: 80,000,000 T
Volume: 2,000,000,000 m³
Weight Cap: 275,000 T
Volume Cap: 5,000,000 m³

Max Passengers: 1,000

So my question is comparing the true stats with the combines what exactly is the problem

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 10 Day 242 11:48
Sephiroth Rhapsodos

it's not a problem with it matching canon we're discussing though... just conflicting versions of what the ship should be like, i say it should be the battleship and she says it should be the cargo hauler, which is clearly not what it should be. you can't really compare it to that, although if you do then you'll see the cargo isn't 5 million cubic metres like the combine, it's 5 million tons with enough space to hold all that. but that's not really the point because it's not supposed to be canon.

sephiroth_rhapsodos_sig.png

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit!
Year 10 Day 242 11:56
The point is, as I mentioned earlier, there are conflicted sources.

The point is, your "clearly" is not "clearly" to everyone else.

The point is, picking one random stat on one random ship and arguing about it without considering any of the other stats on the other ships is pretty damn pointless. As I mentioned earlier.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 242 18:01
Nohv Schiller

Agreed, pointless to work on just one ship...but making that point repeatedly solves nothing. I'm all for lively discourse and debate, but if Mr. Rhapsodos wishes to discuss a balanced approach to restatting the Lucrehulk, then he - and those interested - should be allowed to do so unmolested. I'm sure he would welcome productive opinions, constructive criticism, and clever comments, but the typical "IT CANNOT BE DONE!" posts simply serve to ensure it really will never be done.

I think the questions Mr. Rhapsodos brings up are important to consider whether or not anything ever comes of them. A solution for the rebalancing of every existing entity may be reached, and the admins may still say "no". Naysaying it from the start only serves the ego of those who criticize when/if the endeavor flops.

Personally I intend this to be my only post in this topic as I, like others who have posted, have nothing useful to add and will only contribute to distracting the discussion from the actual topic.

I would suggest that Mr. Rhapsodos make a list of the ships he feels need rebalancing, submit the list, and enter into debate on what seems logical to change. All after discharging his faction assigned duties, of course =P.

nohv_schiller_sig.png
nohv_schiller_mid.png
Year 10 Day 243 2:07
Sephiroth Rhapsodos

Thank you Mr Schiller. I couldn't agree more. And I think i will compile a list of all the ships that need restatting imo, and possibly suggest improvements. I will be as completely unbiased as possible, and i would welcome any like-minded people to join me in this. This topic is still open and if anybody has any worthwhile comments I and anybody else interested in this topic are still very glad to hear them, so please post.

And of course I will finish all my normal duties first, because I'm a responsible player and i have a sense of priority, as I'm sure the admins do, though i would appreciate support from them in this, as I will put a lot of hard work into making this list, I will be helping the combine, and seeing as it advertises being mostly player made, i'm sure the admins won't mind that i'm attempting this. feel free to give me criticism after my first attempt, and i will try to fix any problems.

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit!
Year 10 Day 243 7:41
Kendall Holm

Why ... they fall under restricted topic. If you suggest them the most you will get is a ban

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 10 Day 243 8:27
Sephiroth Rhapsodos

Well so be it. It has to be done at some point, and if it gets done for them most of the way there, then the people in charge should appreciate it rather than ban me for it. i think that the bans state unless there is something exceptional, or something along those lines, and the kind of project i'm talking about doesn't fall under the normal "put this ships stats up!" sort of suggestion.

Year 10 Day 243 8:39
Kendall Holm

It falls under Changing Entities ... look I am not trying to be an ass. I am telling you what will happen, you will suggest it, one person will say restricted. The thread gets locked and your done

Edited By: Kendall Holm on Year 10 Day 243 8:41

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 10 Day 243 9:08
There are other ways to address it besides the forum. A polite and detailed e-mail to Veynom would certainly avoid the issue of the restricted topics in the forum. If you truly intend to go through every ship (you might potentially include vehicles in there, too) and correct/balance the stats, then that might be your best option. I'd have suggested someone else to contact, but I'm not aware of any kind of rules entity that we currently have.

However, please be aware that even a fairly complete version of the suggestion might meet with a "thank you but not at the moment" response. I would hate to see your enthusiasm blunted due to a project of this size being shot down and your work wasted.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 243 9:51
Sephiroth Rhapsodos

Even if it's not used urgently, as long as it's taken and held until needed, i could be happy that my work hadn't gone to waste. and thank you for giving me another option than the forums, i think i will send it to him when i'm finished. and if after doing the ships i'm not too mentally exhausted i'll see about the vehicles. lol. thank you for your advice and support.

Page 1 2