Year

Day

Time

08:46:01

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 260 9:29
Wedge Poliens

when you have enough CPs for somthing a ship or item how do you get it?

Wedge Poliens
Year 10 Day 260 9:35
To tell the amount of CPs needed for a ship go to to CP ships under ships. Then when you have a enough for the desired ship (you have to be on the ground and not in a ship, facility or vehicle) you can click on exchange cps and you will see a list of vehicles/ships you can exchange for cps.
Hope this helps.

ncbar.png

\"FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A BEE\"
Year 10 Day 260 9:50
Sephiroth Rhapsodos

from my experience though, you have to be still for that option to appear.

sephiroth_rhapsodos_sig.png

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit!
Year 10 Day 260 10:10
yep forgot to mention that :)

ncbar.png

Year 10 Day 260 10:59
Wedge Poliens

ok thanks.

Wedge Poliens
Year 10 Day 260 18:20
They missed a lot of information. You need to be on a planets surface, either in a city, or on a terrain square. You must be outside, you cannot be in another ship/vehicle/facility/whatever. CLick the Exchange CPs link and a list of all available entities to spawn will appear - their cost will be in red if you do not have enough to spawn, otherwise it will be white. Enter the number you wish to spawn, and hit hte button underneath.

As for the custom items, this you can do anywhere, and it will spawn in the room/grid where you are. Custom images can also be done anywhere and the entity will have its image changed once its accepted.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 10 Day 260 21:57
Wedge Poliens

ok

Wedge Poliens
Year 10 Day 273 8:07
Sorry to drag this up from the muck...

Can a CP ship ever be spawned in orbit? If the answer is a definite no, I guess I will post as a suggestion somewhere, because I think that should at least be an option for CP spawned ships.

Year 10 Day 273 8:21
Ryan Roche

That's not an option, you can only spawn ships in the ground. That wouldn't go for a suggestion either because if you can spawn a ship in orbit, you can basically spawn a ship anywhere in space. Not to mention spawning ships in orbit is bad, come combat and you just go to orbit, spawn a ship and bombard that planet.

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 10 Day 274 0:30
That's not an option, you can only spawn ships in the ground. That wouldn't go for a suggestion either because if you can spawn a ship in orbit, you can basically spawn a ship anywhere in space. Not to mention spawning ships in orbit is bad, come combat and you just go to orbit, spawn a ship and bombard that planet.

- Ryan Roche

I was suggesting that you could only do this while you (your PC) was located on the ground - just as always. The ship could spawn on the ground where you are located or in orbit around the same planet.

You would have to get to orbit to take possession of the ship in the latter case. You could actually bring a ship or vehicle spawned on the ground at your location into combat faster than a ship spawned in orbit in this scenario.

You bring up a good point about spawning things just to use them for hostile action. Perhaps it would be worth considering restricting CP spawning to friendly or neutral planets? The 'rationale' would be that on an unfriendly planet you do not have acces to the civilian and military sources that supply surplus equipment?

Year 10 Day 274 19:07
Ryan Roche

Well if you have a suggestion you think that would make it in the Suggestions forum then go ahead, I don't think this is the place to discuss it. Good luck.

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 10 Day 274 22:54
Zero Turner

The system now is as good as it gets, landing on a planet to "spawn" a ship has been the norm for a few years.. and it's not a bad system that really needs to be modified.

Zero-sig.jpg

Year 10 Day 275 0:41
In my opinion, surely if you spawn a ship you want to be able to get into it straight away. If its orbit, you have to take yet another ship up there to retrieve it. In my opinion the current system works just fine.

ncbar.png

Year 10 Day 275 5:31
In my opinion, surely if you spawn a ship you want to be able to get into it straight away. If its orbit, you have to take yet another ship up there to retrieve it. In my opinion the current system works just fine. 

No. I want to sell the ship. I'm sure the buyer would find it more convenient to find the ship in orbit about a planet rather than an extra 2 hours down and 2 hours up to get to the same spot...

But this option is not worth the apparant trouble

Year 10 Day 275 5:38
William Clark

Please go ahead and suggest this suggestion in the suggestions forum...you'd probably get the same reception you got here...

Year 10 Day 275 9:30
I admit from a buyer's point of view its more handy to have it in orbit, but from the point of view of the person who spawns the ship for personal use it's much more useful to have the ship at the location they are at.

ncbar.png

Year 10 Day 275 10:44
That's why I suggested the ship's spawning location be an option...

If you want it for personal use, you select the 'normal' ground spawn location.

If you want to sell it, you select the orbital spawn location.

This is not rocket science here. Oh wait a minute... LOL

Year 10 Day 275 14:32
oops...didn't read your first post. yes I agree should be an option :)

ncbar.png