Year

Day

Time

04:58:29

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 267 7:07
Sephiroth Rhapsodos

I've just been reading the rules, and i couldn't quite work out how to read this formula:

Facet points at becoming Force-sensitive = random between [300 * pow(0.75, (XPLevel -1)/5)] and [400 * pow(0.75, (XPLevel -1)/5 )] 

can somebody please explain it to me?

sephiroth_rhapsodos_sig.png

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit!
Year 10 Day 267 10:07
Kendall Holm

FS = 300(0.75(Level-1)) to 400(0.75(level-1)/5))

So basically the server calculates both equations and then generates a random number between the two calculated numbers

Edited By: Kendall Holm on Year 10 Day 267 10:08

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 10 Day 275 7:08
Sephiroth Rhapsodos

so what's the pow for then? and also, isn't that a really huge drop really quickly? the way i calculated that, at level 11, then highest points you can have between the 4 facets is 225... that's a huge drop in potential very quickly imo.

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit!
Year 10 Day 275 8:38
The pow thing probably just indicates that inside the brackets you have the first number (0.75) with the number after the , being the power its taken to.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 10 Day 275 8:53
Sephiroth Rhapsodos

Ah, thanks. So at level one you can be anywhere between 300 and 400 (which seems to me like a huge variation... 300 seems awfully low for somebody who gets found so early imo) and at level 326 (when i'm guaranteed to be fs) it'll be between 7.44 x 10^-39 and 9.93 x 10^-39... i mean, i think there should be a minimum limit per facet if there isn't already (could somebody maybe confirm this?) and the variation should maybe be changed, because if there's going to be an advantage for getting found early, it may as well be an advantage... i know it's a restricted topic. but still, opinions?

Year 10 Day 275 9:08
The entire force system is going to be reworked as far a I know, so don't put too much faith in what is currently in place being the final system implemented.

ns8LjpC.png

Y15 D337 - The day a God was proven mortal

Year 10 Day 275 12:29
The drop-off used to be a lot steeper, and it was lowered. The facet equations are unlikely to be changed again.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.