Year

Day

Time

04:03:45

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 10 Day 280 20:17
Well, considering the parent-travel is halted when you enter the cockpit (taking command via clicking 'cockpit') you can undock. Either way, travel stops.

Year 10 Day 281 0:28
Unless you have a droid...

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 10 Day 281 7:57
I wonder if some players can test this for us?

The test would be;

You have a ship docked within a ship (parent-child relationship)
You have a supervised co-pilot droid in the cockpit of the parent ship
You make a quick sublight side trip to an adjacent system grid
While traveling in sublight, you move your PC into the docked ship
You move your PC to the cockpit of the docked ship
You select cockpit control of the docked ship

The debate seems to be whether the parent ship continues sublight movement in this case;

If the parent ship stops sublight movement, then you should be able to undock the child ship and fly off.

If the parent ship continues sublight movement under co-pilot droid control, then the next question is;

Can you undock the child ship from the moving parent ship?

Year 10 Day 281 13:59
Kendall Holm

Well, considering the parent-travel is halted when you enter the cockpit (taking command via clicking 'cockpit') you can undock. Either way, travel stops.

No it doesnt, if you have a droid in the bridge of the ship you can undock and the ship still moves by it self, trust me I do it all the time.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 10 Day 281 17:53
Neat! I'm sure that'll come in handy for me after combat.

Year 10 Day 281 22:35
De`zheel envisions a squadron of fighters being launched from a moving cruiser-carrier. The possibilities...

Year 10 Day 282 0:52
Kendall Holm

What are you talking about, it is useful now. I go in the system tell the cap to go out side the grav well of the planet I am going to. Leave the sip in a faster ship and do my business on the surface then come back up and the ship is ready to hyper and close by. I Love the new feature of the droids

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 10 Day 282 8:28
Can the same thing be done with two PC pilots? One to fly the parent ship and another to fly the docked ship? Could the docked ship undock while the parent ship is moving sublight? Anyone ever done that?

Page 1 2