Year

Day

Time

09:06:35

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 325 13:13
Rayos Saree

What exactly happens when i purchase stocks? You know according to the faction, if i hold ay 51%of the stocks of a faction, what exactly happens? I sam this on the faction rules page defining an owner as owner of 51% of the stocks.
Just some general info that i need explaining.

Year 10 Day 325 13:24
Stocks are like in RL. You invest in factions and if the general wealth of the faction goes up, you gain money. It is basically exactly like the RL stock market but with factions instead of companies

Year 10 Day 325 13:27
Ka`rla Leakey

You only gain money by selling at a higher price than purchase price. Unlike a RL stock you do not get a dividend payment.

Year 10 Day 325 16:07
SWC Stocks ARE NOT like RL stocks. The best you can hope to do to profit from buying stocks is to hope you can resell them for a higher price.

Otherwise, stocks let you see certain information about the faction.

And furthermore, stocks are basically useless unless you want some fancy toilet paper.

Year 10 Day 325 16:34
Rayos Saree

Ok, dont know why so many people buy them.

Year 10 Day 325 16:41
Because they're brainwashed consumerists.

Year 10 Day 325 16:59
I assume most factions who open up to the stock market tend to retain at least 51% anyway, so there wouldn't be much opportunity to buy them out as a shareholder. Unless I'm mistaken in this, I will sway to the side of others here and say stocks are quite redundant from a buyers perspective.

Year 10 Day 325 17:07
Breske speaks quite correctly about factions very much onto their 51%.

Year 10 Day 326 13:28
Rayos Saree

I noticed that. Damn capitilist pigs!! (spelling fail and just kidding)