156 are online

Year

Day

Time

03:09:39

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 53 20:53
If you had a Shipyard 1 you would only be able to build ships up to 350m in lenght, right? Can you build vehicles with Shipyards? Can a freelancer own one? If a freelancer was the owner, manager and operator of a shipyard 1 and had the RM witch he/she owned as well as having a DC assigned to the shipyard and have worker NPCs that he/she owns in the station will he/she beable to construct the entity that the DC contains?

If that question is to long and confusing to read here is the simple version: If a freelancer had meet and the requirements (except for faction of course) to use a factory of station to produce something would he/she beable to?

Year 11 Day 53 21:22
If you had a Shipyard 1 you would only be able to build ships up to 350m in lenght, right?

Right.

Can you build vehicles with Shipyards?

No.

Can a freelancer own one?

Yes.

If a freelancer was the owner, manager and operator of a shipyard 1 and had the RM witch he/she owned as well as having a DC assigned to the shipyard and have worker NPCs that he/she owns in the station will he/she beable to construct the entity that the DC contains?

No. Manager must be a ship production faction, and the operator must be a member of that faction.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 53 23:36
Pitty, why can't a freelancer use such a facillity?

Year 11 Day 53 23:40
The game is designed to be faction-based, so they make you be in a faction to produce things. Although if you're freelance, you can simply "faction hop", which is when you join a faction for a short period of time (anywhere between minutes and days) in order to start production, then leave and join another to produce something else.

Faction hopping is also used by faction leaders who are obsessed with micro-managing everything.

Year 11 Day 54 5:13
Yeah....I was hoping that freelancers could do more in this game. I've never been go at working in a team or group. My last character failed in a faction.

I'm sorry, this is not the place for personal complaints.

Year 11 Day 54 9:18
Sounds like you need a different faction, then. Different factions have different styles, and people who might not work well in one can do better in another.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 11 Day 54 10:15
Darn it, I was thinking of getting my own little shipyard in deep-space as a second way to get credits, time to go make my own ship production faction :P

Year 11 Day 54 14:02
Just thought of something: what if you own a shipyard, assign a ship production faction as the manager, and a member of that faction as the operator, would you, the owner, be able to produce ships from it even if you aren't part of that faction.

/me crosses fingers and hopes loophole will work

Year 11 Day 54 14:04
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

No. You need a member of a ship producer to start it. Though really, all you need to do is join a ship producer for a minute to start the ship, then change the operator to a permanent member of that faction. It's not exactly a huge step.

Year 11 Day 54 18:04
Not really Ten - don't need to change the operator. So long as the faction remains the same, and a ship faction, the operator only works for starting or restarting. SHould continue to completion even if the operator is no longer part of that faction.

Year 11 Day 54 19:52
So does that mean I can join a faction and start production and leave it again and the shipyard would do its work?

Year 11 Day 54 20:12
yes

Edited By: Jonas Lander on Year 11 Day 54 20:13
Year 11 Day 54 23:32
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Yeah Elias, I'm just looking at it from a batch production point of view.

Year 11 Day 55 23:43
Another question about shipyards :)

When a ship production faction says that they will manage your shipyards, does that mean that you make them the manager, they make one of their members the operator, and when you want to make a ship at that yard, you bring the materials/builders to the shipyard, have the DC assigned, then you contact the faction or operator, so that they will start producing the ship in your yard?

Year 11 Day 55 23:44
It would be up to the faction, but generally yes.

Year 11 Day 55 23:51
Thanks, just trying to figure out shipyards (very confusing things, aren't they)

Year 11 Day 56 5:34
Do you need to be in a faction to use a shipyard to repair? Just an addon to this question...How does one repair with out a shipyard of factroy?

Year 11 Day 56 8:01
You do not need to be in a faction to use the shipyard for repair - just meet the criteria listed in the rules.