Day

Time

01:05:07

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 116 15:47
I tried to sign up and received the message of:

Dear Lavish DeVil,

The SW Combine Administration has declined your membership application providing the following reason :

Your handle does not match our current rules requirements. It was turned down because it either contains numbers/special characters or it doesn't sound like a name (ie: Red Wolf). Please refer to the Character Creation rules page located at http://rules.swcombine.com/?Character_Creation for more information.

The name wasn't meant to sound like devil, but more DeVille (thus why the capitalization). Your game seems very interesting and I was wondering what I would have to do to get that name approved. Would I have to add letters to the end of it or would just adding a space (i.e. De Vil) be acceptable, or can the name be approved as is? The character is a long term character of mine in RP chats and the name is a huge part of the concept.

Year 11 Day 116 16:18
Gunther Innis Tennor

That is because your choice doesn't sound like a real name.

Year 11 Day 116 16:54
You will find "lavish" in your local dictionary, as well as devil, so you need to consider that in any future application. Understand that we get a lot of... let's just term them "XBoxers" who think the name rules don't apply to them, and they can submit anything the like. We also get a number of individuals who think they're smart, and try to make their name sound like some other phrase. Sadly, a couple of them have got through (Koz Ovyurdeth/Cause of your death, for example). So while our rules may seem a little harsh on someone in your position, they are necessary to maintain an appropriate RPing atmosphere. Because nobody wants to run into Mr Noob Raper down the local tavern while they're trying to have a quiet drink.

Year 11 Day 116 17:41
Aye, I think it was be that rejected it. And because mainly of the Devil bit of the surname.

Year 11 Day 116 18:32
I understand the issue on some of them. Definitely don't want "JediMike007" (have actually seen that name in a fantasy RP setting) popping up. Just hard to take it seriously.

So to my desired name. Would De Vil be acceptable? Or DeVille? Or is Lavish going to be completely out on the name front as well?

Year 11 Day 116 19:38
You could try Laavish for the first name. That might squeak by

Year 11 Day 116 20:12
Not trying to sneak by. Trying to get what would be an acceptable name.

I'd think with it being a Star Wars system Lavish could be seen as acceptable. Salacious, for example, is a dictionary word and an accepted fist name in Star Wars. To another extent Bib is also such a word turned name as is Rune and Talon and many others. Ellias stated that it wasn't Lavish as much as it was my spelling of "DeVil" and I would gladly change it to "De Vil" or "DeVille" if needed. Though not my original spelling it still conveys the same sound and perhaps more clearly readable as such than simply "DeVil".

Year 11 Day 116 20:36
I think DeVille would be fine. De Vil possibly not as it still has a whiff of devil about it.

Year 11 Day 116 21:18
Thanks for the time. I'm resubmitting now.

Year 11 Day 117 0:29
Thank you! Set up went easily so far. Let's see how everything else goes.

Edited By: Lavish DeVille on Year 11 Day 117 0:30

Lavish D