Year

Day

Time

22:47:24

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 134 14:25
Bardan Nyad

okay, i noticed somewhere that anime/manga/ect. are not allowed for custom images and such.

Why not? as long as people keep it sensible, why not?

Year 11 Day 134 14:32
Realism.

Also, slippery slope issues. If you allow me to have a rough 3D image, then why not allow someone a better-quality painted image? But if you allow a painted image, what about something from a comic? If you allow a comic image, how about a rough sketch? If you allow a sketch, what about this thing my 3-yr old drew in crayon today...

SWC is trying to move forward towards better images, not sliding backwards to whatever we can find.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 134 14:48
Bardan Nyad

right, but why not have a better system? i mean, my avatar is a pretty good piece of anime, and your own avatar,hal, is pretty good, but neither are photorealistic. in fact, 9 out of 10 people dont have photorealistic avatars.

so, do we now have to change all our avatars to photorealistic images?

((note: im not bieng an ass, im just asking a question, so sorry if i come across as a jerk))

Year 11 Day 134 14:54
Funny you should ask, and I'm not sure if you've seen the thread on the Suggestions forum about avatars. Basically, though, my opinion boils down to this: Avatars are very difficult to police and enforce, and used in OOC context as much, if not more, than IC context. E.g. ASims and Veynom himself still have avatars, though they have no characters.

I'd support a movement towards better avatars, but I don't see it possible to set up and enforce.

(And it's worth noting that the only change to my avatar in about 9 years, now, is the addition of the Alissma logo.)

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 134 15:00
Bardan Nyad

Okay, thanks.