Year

Day

Time

09:07:29

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 11 Day 148 16:43
i dont understand why my handle "Atomic Fury" was declined? its what my gamer name is in most games >.> it has no references to any star wars character or anything?

and i have read the rules and dont see how i broke any with my handle name

Year 11 Day 148 16:48
Xavze Zavan

# You may not have a handle that does not sound like a name:
Example

Forbidden: "Imthebest", "AttAcK", "hhhhhh","Killer X", "Blood Raven", ...

That would be my bet.Atomic Fury is not really a name

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
Year 11 Day 148 17:07
its a creative name lol ill just change it so it sounds like a name

Year 11 Day 149 5:28
Deleted Post
Deleted by Jyncs Tahogah. Reason: Very well then, don't follow my advice
Year 11 Day 149 7:12
Kai Oryk

Try not following the post above.

Go and have a long think about the name you want to choose, even have a look at which race you want to be first and do some research about your chosen race; you don't want to be a Wookiee named "Mike Smith" now, do you?

This name will follow your character and the actions you do in-game, until that character dies. So, keep that in mind: You never know, you might be around for the next eleven years...

KaiSigMando.PNGOrykaliik.png

Year 11 Day 149 7:54
Also, whenever you are trying to make a name, always ask yourself if you would want to introduce yourself in public with that name. Obviously female names when you are male etc would need you to imagine a bit more, but you wouldn't walk up to someone in the street and say "Hi, my name is Fury X6X. Nice to meet you."

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 151 18:57
my handle was declined - for what reason?? my name was Cadwgawn Cadfael - this is a Welsh name and its not in violation of anything - can this be resolved please?

Year 11 Day 151 22:07
I did a quick search of it, and it came up as various Welsh legend names and such like. Especcially Cadwgawn. Cadfael may be allowable. We try to keep famous and well know names from other universes etc to a miniumum as much as is possible.

If you replace the first name with something different, it will likely be accepted, so long as its not famous etc, as per the rules.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 151 23:01
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Just because a first name is used for a minor character in a short story, really?

Better start declining all Dave's, Steve's, Luke's, and John's as well.

Cadfael is the titular character of a series of books, television, and radio adaptations, but lets fault him for the name which has one mention in a short story no one is ever likely to read.

Year 11 Day 151 23:10
Ellias, it has to be the full name, not just a famous part. So you can't be Jeffery Sinclair, but you could be Fred Sinclair.

If the combination "Cadwgawn Cadfael" doesn't come up on google, then it's allowable.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 151 23:51
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadwgawn

Came up with that link.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 151 23:57
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

So it's a name. Nothing wrong there.
It has a meaning. Nothing wrong there.
It's a boy's name and it's rarely used. Nothing wrong there.

Now I see why you declined it.

Year 11 Day 152 0:15
Gunther Innis Tennor

Most RL first names have a meaning. Like Hal said, it has to be the full name of a character/famous person.

Of course if the decline reason was due to being Welsh....j/k :p

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Year 11 Day 152 1:07
Blimey so Cadwgawn Cadfael is a valid name but cause it has a link to a Welsh legend that no-one unless your Welsh has ever heard its not acceptable? Its a rare name but is still around today and names like luke, john, matthew are names of biblical proportions so does that not rule them out too under your rules? I really wanna sign up and I like the idea of having a valid Welsh name because its unusual

Year 11 Day 152 1:30
Then you better not allow George, Charles, Arthur, David, John, Joshua, Noah... Or literally thousands of other names in the game, Ellias.

Year 11 Day 152 10:42
Run it through again, if it'll let you, and we'll try to get to it before Ellias gets over-zealous. ;)

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 11 Day 152 12:40
ok ill try it - heres hoping :)

Year 11 Day 152 12:46
nope wont let me use that name now instant refusal :-(

Year 11 Day 152 12:49
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Go for Cadwgawn Cadmael instead. ^_^

Year 11 Day 152 13:01
Ah, it got added to the auto-decline list. That sucks.

Year 11 Day 152 13:05
Gunther Innis Tennor

That handle can be cleaned out of the auto-decline, I don't know who can do that.

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Page 1 2