Year

Day

Time

20:28:11

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 151 22:47
Christian Hall

So I have a custom NPC. Now I'm trying to make awesome scripts like KOTOR had, but I've run into a problem!

Things like !if npc.ally! trip me up. How do I get the NPC's IFF changed?

Year 11 Day 151 23:24
Wouldn't the NPC share their 'owners' IFF list?

Year 11 Day 151 23:46
The NPC will use the IFF lists of the owner of the NPC, and compare it with the IFF of the person talking to them. Although some did say that it wasn't working exactly or something.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 152 7:08
Drega Loas

Although I have not checked recently, I made a bug report about my NPC riflemen not recognizing me as an ally, but did know I was its "boss". This was a military NPC though and not a custom...

LUtQEIt.png
Year 11 Day 152 14:25
Sounds like a grunt with a brain to me :P

Year 11 Day 152 15:13
Drega Loas

^^ As long as it does not shoot the "Boss", I'll be happy.

LUtQEIt.png
Year 11 Day 152 20:35
Christian Hall

Ok yeah, thats the problem. It's not using my IFF. I assume I don't need to report it since Drega did.

Year 11 Day 152 21:01
I tested this on dev, and it works fine. As with all IFF stuff, you need to have them on your list, and you on theirs. Think sensor sharing. Otherwise, if you think about it, you could switch you IFF to whatever, chat with them, then switch back. Which is not right.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 152 21:48
Christian Hall

I couldn't add him to my IFF list, if that is what you are referring to.

Year 11 Day 152 22:57
Owner is added to IFF - NPCs use their owners IFF lists tc.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 153 3:59
Drega Loas

So if you're using a faction IFF list that you are not on, the NPC will not know you are its ally? I assume this because the NPC will also use the faction IFF list?

EDIT: Trial and error

It does not matter what IFF list I use... I cannot add myself to my own and when I use my own list or faction this is the script:

*Cerone Evnairis eyes you suspiciously*
Excuse me Sir, what are you doing here?

Options:
You:
I have a bigger gun than you.
*I have a message for your boss.

Answer:
Sure. Drega Loas is not currently available, and is not taking any visitors, except by appointment.

Suggestions?

Edited By: Drega Loas on Year 11 Day 153 8:15

LUtQEIt.png
Year 11 Day 153 8:41
Hmm, when I spoke to my owned NPCs on dev they came up with the text as though I was an ally. Admittedly I didn't check results for when I was in a faction and was using its IFF, but using your own IFF, so long as freindly/enemy tags are reciprocated, should work fine.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 153 12:58
Drega Loas

after switching back and forth on the IFF list it finally works... mystery to me

LUtQEIt.png