Time

04:54:27

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » A question on old-new character asset retaining
Lexar Valaxand

Hi.

I once had a character that had to be killed due to a certain complication.

That old character - Lexarun Valaxand - out of boredom while waiting for his situation to play out, joined a raffle with an agreement with the raffle initiator to pay for the raffle after he is revived. Apparently he won a droid and some other stuff that will be sent upon his paying of the raffle ticket. But Lexarun Valaxand was never revived, and had to be killed instead.

Now, my question is, since I plan to pay my debt to the raffle initiator after I receive my paycheck which I'll receive shortly, what should I do with the raffle winnings?
Will I be "going around the rules" if I accept them on Lexarun Valaxand's behalf? (I RPed as his clone)

I'm hoping an admin will pick this up and tell me what's 'okay' to do.
I read the latest SIM news on the banning of someone who tried to attain his old character's asset, and I thought I should ask before doing anything. I'd hate to have my name put up on SIM news in a negative way. ^^
I do hope this is the right place to post this question.

cheers!

Italian policeman 2: You wish to report a murder.
Frank: Attempted murder.
Italian policeman 2: That's not so serious.
Frank: Not when you downgrade it from murder. But when you upgrade it from room service, it's quite serious.
If you're paying for it with this character, and receiving it with this character, and your old character never owned it... you should be in the clear by the rules.

Don't get me wrong - it's quite frankly terrible RP and you should be ashamed of yourself.

But I seriously doubt you'll be banned/punished for it.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Gunther Innis Tennor

Your new character has no connection to your old character, I suggest you play it that way.

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Technically, since your old character did not send any assets for it (beyond the wish to join), there should be no issue with recieving assets from old character stuff. So no you won't be banned.

However, as the above said, its extremely bad RP.

Ellias_sig6.png
Lexar Valaxand

Is it really that bad of an RP?
Gee... Is it because it isnt plausible?
By the way, I honestly didnt RP my new character that way just so I could pay him back and earn the winnings. It just seemed fun at the time, and I havent had the time to think of anything else. Maybe some of you have any helpful suggestions for the RP? I'd appreciate it.

I can always change it. Havent really developed it other than the initial biography. And that, of course, can be changed too I think.

I just feel bad for him because he trusted me to join his raffle. So I'm kinda bent on paying him back.

Edited By: Lexar Valaxand on Year 11 Day 153 8:41

Frank: Not when you downgrade it from murder. But when you upgrade it from room service, it's quite serious.
Its up to you really. A lot of people enjoy smashing IC/OOC separation and have their new characters basically know everything their old one did etc. Comes of having friends you made I suppose.

Ellias_sig6.png
Lexar Valaxand

Well it wouldnt be fun anymore if everyone's gonna disdain me after reading it. lol
I'm considering to start a whole new RP right now. Hopefully this one will be better.
I welcome any advice or suggestions from anyone willing if they have the time. I'd be grateful.

Anyway, question answered. I didnt regret posting the question.
Thank you again, Mr. Ellias sir. Also to everyone who replied. Thanks.

Cheers!

There is nothing wrong with playing a clone, just have it that he only knows he is a clone but with no knowledge of who he was cloned from or anything to do with said DNA-donor

Lexar Valaxand

Well, actually, that is what I'm RPing about. However, due to inherited DNA and genetic profile, he's seen places he'd never been before because the original host have been there. In dreams and stuff like that. Ultimately he discovered that he was someone else's clone. I bet you thought the last part ruined it all huh?

Unless maybe they wiped his whole memory off during the cloning process maybe? That could work perhaps.
What do you think?

I appreciate your reply, Tiali.

Haven't read your profile, but having dreams and feelings of deja-vu that led to his discovery (or at least belief) that he was a clone can still work, you can get around the IC/OOC problems dealing with other characters by having him react on a 'gut instinct' sort of thing (like having the feeling he can trust this person but that one should be avoided)

Lexar Valaxand

No, you dont have to read it. It's probably not that good anyway. Believe me. lol

But yeah, I see where youre going. I think I might just have a clue this time.
I'll redo some parts of my RP, and if it all makes sense with the line between IC/OOC still firm, maybe I wont have to change.

Thanks for the help, Tiali. Really appreciated the trouble.

Cheers!