Year

Day

Time

10:39:30

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 153 15:31
Hey,

I've been trying to use IRC and i've downloaded the clietn mIRC but I cannot connect to the SWC server. I am certain I have the information correct because checked and double checked the information on the IRC guide. What happens is I will try to connect and it will tell me that a software issue has disconnected me from the server.

Hopefully somone can help me out. Thanks.

bauer_banner.jpg\"
Year 11 Day 154 1:29
Hmm, first of all make sure that your firewall doesn't block the communication between your computer/client and SWC's chatserver.

If that doesn't help, try using a different client.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 11 Day 154 3:03
Try using the in-browser java client; click "Live Chat" at the top of the screen. If that works, your firewall is ok, and mIRC should work if you have the right details set.

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 11 Day 154 6:38
Ah tried that about a week or 2 ago (going to the "Live Chat", even though it filled in the quit message wrong) and had the same problem Jack (and others) are having

Year 11 Day 156 8:02
Yeah It shouldn't be my firewall because the client is definitely listed as an exception. The live chat doesn't work either. I've tried with the firewall turned off entirely and I still get the same results. It might be something to do with being on college campus and some sort of firewall they may have on their network or something...

bauer_banner.jpg\"
Year 11 Day 156 18:59
It's your firewall/internet connection ;)

You can try one of the alternate ports, e.g. irc.swc-irc.com port 8080?

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 11 Day 158 7:49
Yeah the alternate port failed as well. Pretty soon i'll be headed back home from college so hopefully i'll be able to get it to work on that internet connection.

bauer_banner.jpg\"
Year 11 Day 164 9:30
What message do you get when trying alternate ports? Try some/all of these: 1080, 5000, 5555, 6660-6670, 8080

Some may no longer be enabled; I can't check from here right now. |:

swcforumsig