278 are online

Year

Day

Time

13:07:02

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 165 13:05
Does a silo need to be powered to provide storage for raw materials and items?

Year 11 Day 165 13:53
No, but helps. Only have to worry about incomed storage facils; hangers, warehouses, landingpads.. ect.

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 11 Day 176 0:23
For what reason does it help?

Year 11 Day 176 2:19
It doesn't. As far as I know power for silos has no real effect. Might possibly mean that its flats/jobs actually count (also for other facilities).

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 176 5:23
If it is underpowered it likely means that its affect on the employment rate will end, which in the long run could affect the income of the city. But since silos are very small, it would have a minimal effect.

Year 11 Day 179 23:55
in a similar vein, does a warehouse need to be powered to store stuff? Only to store stuff, for income I know it needs to be powered.

Smaul_Numsey.png
Year 11 Day 180 0:20
Any facility that is unpowered, at the moment, can be entered and walked around and stuff left in there. Vehicles and ships too can be docked in facilities that have the right abilities with no power.

All that will happen if they don't have power is that their effect on morale/crime/ER will not take place, and you cannot use their abilities (production, mining etc).

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 180 17:49
if they don't have power is that their effect on morale/crime/ER will not take place 

You sure about this? Since when?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 180 23:05
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Since never.

Year 11 Day 181 12:58
Xavze Zavan

Nah..once a facil finishes,powered or not,it affects all planet stats including MNSF.Only way I know to manipulate MNSF is closing crewlists.

It used to be an unpowered facil was un-enterable..period.No power for the door or something

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
Year 11 Day 181 18:26
Eimit`fy Nadgob

The difference between a powered and unpowered silo/warehouse is that if they are owned by a mining faction with an active mine in the same city, and the mine's capacity is reached, then the automatic RM transferal happens only to the powered silos/warehouses. With the unpowered ones you would need to manually move those RMs from the mine.

EimitSig.png
Year 11 Day 181 23:14
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

That shouldn't be happening with warehouses, just silos.