Time

18:21:51

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Can I um... have a planet?
Page 1 2
Year 11 Day 168 14:23
No, this is really what it looks like, I'm asking the team for a free planet.
It's like this:
I'm trying to bring an important Star Wars faction across the thresh-hold from canon to Combine. The Gran Protectorate was established around 1000 BCGT, it was an influential member of the Galactic Senate, a central member of the Loyalist Committee and a supporter of the Military Creation Act. The Gran, according to canon, occupy three planets: the homeworld Kinyen, the colony world Malastare (site of the Dug Wars), and a third mining colony on the planet Hok (which does not yet exist in the Combine). I have already outlined a timeline for the demise of the Gran Protectorate (in the Compedia under Non Faction) which reasonably suggests that the remnants of the Protectorate fled to Hok after Order 66 and the Imperial bombardment of Kinyen:
http://compedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gran_Protectorate
Currently no place exists in the Combine galaxy for the Gran species to enjoy any autonomy. Both Gran homeworlds have long existed under TF occupation, and I see no reason why the Trade Federation would even respond to "pretty please" diplomacy. For this reason I ask the team to please create Hok for the enjoyment of the Gran, so that the Protectorate can enjoy at least a slim chance of existence. The only other option is to wait-out PvP Combat implementation and stage a disruptive insurgency against TF assets in Farrfin and Glythe. Not very nice. I realize that the developers have little reason to even respond to a request such as this, but if I do not ask the Gran will surely receive nothing.
Kindest regards, Sir Io Toda

mystats.php?uid=c3193
Year 11 Day 168 14:46
Ka`rla Leakey

I am sure the best way to get the answer you are looking for is to lurk outside of the next Dev meeting in Berlin with a suitcase full of money (Dollars since Euros are crashing).

Failing that you will most likely have to do IC negotiation like everybody else does.

Year 11 Day 168 14:46
Gunther Innis Tennor

We don't give out freebies anymore.

EDIT: If I see anyone hanging outside the dev meeting next year trying to bribe anyone, I'll kick their arse and take their money.

Edited By: Gunther Innis Tennor on Year 11 Day 168 14:48

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Year 11 Day 168 16:21
Think it was more of a fun way of getting a canon planet added (if it was giving to them would just be a giant Bonus :))

Year 11 Day 168 16:53
How about you do what most other people have done, and work to get a planet? Even the oldest factions who did get some form of handout very early in game development had to work to take and secure planets. Nobody's ever had a planet just handed to them.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 168 17:02
Except, Hok doesn't exist yet, can't work towards something that only the Admins can create

Year 11 Day 168 17:17
So get a non-canon planet and petition for a rename after you actually have a faction to control it with. Asking for a planet when you haven't even put in the effort to form the faction yet? *just shakes his head*

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 11 Day 168 17:25
I hear you. Difficult to form a faction based upon governance of canon homeworlds which have been occupied since the Combine began. Also difficult to find ways to peacefully introduce a significant canon faction to a playing environment which is ten years old. That's what I'm trying to do here.
An interesting side note regarding Hok, homeworld of The Jock From Hok Mawhonic (my avatars donor) is that a pre-existing planet of any general variety will not do. If you check canon sources, Hok has a most striking and unusual terrain.

mystats.php?uid=c3193
Year 11 Day 168 17:32
You do realise that if you cannot find a planet with suitable terrain from what there is, its unlikely you can get such terrain - the terrain we have is what you have to choose from. But as others have said, there is no way planets will be made just for lazy people.

Best bet is to find a planet, gain control, then petition the galaxy team to get it renamed, but even then I doubt it would be changed. There is a large renaming project in the works for all planets.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 168 17:45
I apologise, perhaps my description of Hok is misunderstood.
"Hok was a planet located in the Colonies. The planet was split into two sides. One side was the desert wasteland that looked like Tatooine, while the other half was surrounded by pure darkness. This area also had a rich supply of crystals on which the people mined and traded."
This is what I meant, the landscape is unique. A developer would have to arrange the planetary surface to reflect this description.

I wish people would stop referring to me as a lazy person. I hurts my feelings a bit. I have served the current Galactic Government with honor and distinction for the last 20 months. I am a respected Lieutenant Colonel of the Falleen Army and a Knight of the Order of the Noblest Rukhar. Only now have I been able to turn my attention towards the welfare of my own race. I apologize if my efforts to plumb the possibilities is disturbing to anyone.

mystats.php?uid=c3193
Year 11 Day 168 17:49
Wasn't there talk some time ago about adding more canon planets and re-arranging the galaxy map?

Ah don't believe Mr Toda was asking for the planet to be just handed to him (well actually, in a way he is) but more of introducing the 3rd Gran world and then he can start rallying the other Gran's into gaining control of it

Year 11 Day 168 19:41
Gunther Innis Tennor

No more planets will be added, non-canon planets are to be used to canonize the galaxy by renaming then shifting them.

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Year 11 Day 168 19:55
Ok, then how about naming one of the already-in-place-about-to-be-renamed non-canon planets Hok? Then Sir Toda can rally his peoples and overthrow whoever is in control of it

Year 11 Day 168 20:19
Sim Karr

I'm pretty sure that's already been brought up Tiali. Read the previous posts.

Io, SWC is different from canon anyways. You should go ahead and make your faction and then work to gain control of a planet. Write it into your faction's/race's IC history.

Year 11 Day 168 21:21
Add Hok today, and it will be controlled by an existing faction within a week. Add it in any other manner, and it's clear bias. If he gets a planet for the faction he hasn't done anything to even form, yet, then every member of SWC should be able to get their own planet added just by asking. The game is moving away from Admin intervention and free handouts. It has for a long time, now. Most of what has been given out in the past has been to allow for starting points - you can't produce anything without mines and credits, which require prospecting vehicles and more credits, etc.

The answer is a resounding no, and a few moments of non-selfish thought would have made that clear without the need to ask.

Year 11 Day 168 22:07
So, all he has to do is take over another planet (without combat) and the Admins will rename it and move it to where it should be?

Year 11 Day 168 22:13
No, but it's far more likely to get a response than begging for intervention on the forums.

Year 11 Day 169 2:58
Eshini`el Sandhawk

Io Toda you served Galactic Government with honor and distinction for the last 20 months. You`re "a respected Lieutenant Colonel."

Why don`t you ask Galactic Government, which should be the most rich and powerful faction in the game, and try to get your planet through IC means, with IC explanations?

Doubtful to realize, but has a lot more chances to succeed than asking admins to help your character get more power and wealth, because you have good explanation for it.

"You are only as rich as the enrichment you bring to the world around you."
Year 11 Day 169 11:33
It is a sad thing that my efforts and interests are considered by some to be simple greed and beggary. Please understand that I came to the admins seeking guidance, in a matter which seems to me can only be settled through military insurrection. Warfare rarely benefits either of the parties involved. We Gran are known for finding peaceful ways to adapt to difficult situations, and it is my duty to explore every possibility before propelling the community into turmoil through the deaths of characters and the destruction of property.
I thank you for your time and guidance. I shall strive to improve the condition of the Protectorate, that it may once again rise to the status of a legitimate faction. I have already contacted the Viceroy of the Trade Federation and made him aware of my intentions, in the hope that he may elect to engage in diplomatic relations with my organization. My final request for the admins is that the implementation of battle not continue to be delayed any longer that the currently running decade. I have living-space to create for my people, out of beans and bullets.

mystats.php?uid=c3193
Year 11 Day 169 11:43
in a matter which seems to me can only be settled through military insurrection. Warfare rarely benefits either of the parties involved. We Gran are known for finding peaceful ways to adapt to difficult situations, and it is my duty to explore every possibility before propelling the community into turmoil through the deaths of characters and the destruction of property. 

Then do so. Try diplomacy. Several options are available to you.

You want guidance? The guidance is: Handle it IC. You want to RP a peaceful Gran, for whom military action is the very last resort? You seem to be failing to try other options before jumping to such conclusions.

Page 1 2