307 are online

Year

Day

Time

13:49:01

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Not sure, Rule update? or supposed to be weird?
Umbeck Traxer

I was casually glancing at the ATR-6 page http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Freighters&ID=110
and noticed the page lists them as equipped with 2x torpedo launchers?
Regular torpedos launchers. Not proton torpedos... but the submarine blowing up boats in the water kind.
http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Mounted_Weapons&ID=11 --}} http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Explosive_Ammo&ID=291 --}} http://img.swcombine.com/items/291/large.jpg

Which makes NO sense at all. I can only assume that is supposed to be "Proton-Torpedo Launchers" but is that a Rules update? It seems like just a simple typo... since cannonically they have twin proton torpedo launchers and not Marine torpedo launchers (won't do you much good in space.. or atmosphere...)
But that's what they are listed as in the rules page. Are they actually equipped with submarine torpedos?
So if it isn't just a simple rules page change and these ships are actually being produced with torpedos instead of proton torpedos, wouldn't that be a Suggestion? but then also a restricted topic about an existing entity and I can't post about a change?

I have no idea, so I figured I would come here and have someone sort it out that knows what to do.

Stat revision should catch this.

Umbeck Traxer

When is the stat revision supposed to take place?

Also, wouldn't a stat revision only change the new ones being produced and not the old ones?
Cloakshapes had a different hull and old ones were untoched, like Y-head docking bays and others.

Stat revision should be by the end of the year. And it will affect all entities, retroactively.

Ellias_sig6.png
What about modded ships, Ellias?

ZE_Cronus_sig3.png
ZE-believer.jpg
Ralgarrch

People with heavily modified ships have at least been getting messages from the combine team about them no longer being acceptable, regardless of the reason they were rewarded even if it was a reward for work towards the combines development.

Not sure whether they're intending to simply remove modifications or make them more reasonable however. I'm sure it'll be as fair as stat and galaxy revisions will be though.

Ral.png
Ain't no rules like ex post facto rules.

Wow, so we're losing our mods? Now that is lame...

alleysigv2.png\"
trepemiddle.png\"
Christian Hall

I don't even have any and that made me angry/upset!

This is how rumors are started, how about we wait to till it's actually going to happen instead of guessing what may or may not eh?

ns8LjpC.png

Y15 D337 - The day a God was proven mortal

Yes, that is great advice Meph: wait until it's a done-deed before demanding answers

That's not what he said. He suggested waiting for solid information rather than hearsay and guesswork.

Do you see the SimMaster, an ASim, or a lead coder in here saying all mods will be removed? I certainly don't.

I see an ASim making a general statement, on person asking a question, one person mentioning unrelated communications on the same topic, and a bunch of people jumping to conclusions.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Guess ah've just had bad experience with waiting for solid information (which usually comes after it has been implimented)

You've had better experience with jumping to conclusions and arguing over something nobody actually said?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
It was discussed about removing mods, yes. A couple of admins showed dislike for modded entities. However as far as I am aware there was no decision either way on the status of any mods.

Ellias_sig6.png
"Ain't no rules like ex post facto rules..."

...'cause ex post facto rules don't stop!

Sorry, I don't know why that popped into my head when I read the post. Or why I felt that I really needed to post it.

Light speed is too slow! We're going to have to go right to...Ludicrous speed.

Amp Thane, Captain, BFF-1 class freighter EQUUS
Gunther Innis Tennor

The only thing on mods I recall was a discussion on how difficult it might be to code for future modding as a feature.

There was a joke about deleting mods but that is all it was, a joke.

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.