Year

Day

Time

13:38:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 11 Day 184 22:54
And I get Slightly Wounded and as a result of this whatever wound I get from lvl up I need to see the nearest medical establishment according to my lvl 3 medic.

'Ah, I'm afraid I've been getting that a lot recently. Without the right equipment, I cannot perform any operations, even minor cuts or scrapes. You'll have to take it up with the nearest medical establishment, see if they can help you there.'

A bug or is this for real? If so I don't want to lvl up no more cause in this game you be darn lucky if you can get medical supplies from anywhere. From what I understand 90% of all available medical factions are there to horde the one hit wonder card of the Medical Frigate. My immediate reaction to this if not a bug. Scrap wounds that is not from door frames hitting you or brawls with no good NPC brawlers please.

or point me to one that do sell medical supplies to the public. *mutters*

TYVM

Year 11 Day 184 23:00
lmao

Bug base it?

Year 11 Day 184 23:16
You should slowly regenerate health over the course of a few days, if you're not in any rush to have that HP back. I hadn't heard of NPC Medics being disabled, but maybe it's something to do with the NPC script rewrite, and new functions for the not having been written yet.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 184 23:27
You should not get hurt while levelling up - its a bug in the code that doesn't bring your current HP up along with your max HP.

You should recover a small amount of HP every day. However there have been some bugs about that not happening. If its not working then it will be fixed, otherwise you should heal up over the next few days.

Medic NPCs have had their healing ability removed with the script updates because we now have medical items that you can use to heal yourself - why use a several thousand-million credit medical item when the NPC healed you up for 200 cr?

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 184 23:51
Ah thank you Hal and Ellias this will save me one less NPC salary. If I am not healed in a few days I'll bug base it.

Year 11 Day 185 5:54
If you added points in Strength, it will raise your max but leave you at your previous level for a few days (happened to me when ah decided to not rely on borrowing grav-sleds to move a few crates)

Year 11 Day 185 7:32
Ryan Roche

Ellias, what if the Medic were to be equipped with such items? I don't want to see the Medic NPC become just another useless NPC.

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 11 Day 185 8:21
Tal Dorn

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Civil_NPCs
Medic: "An experienced medical services worker, eager to spread their healing touch throughout the galaxy." - so this should be changed to; "An experienced medical services worker, ready to provide idle conversation while you pass away."

At least they should be able loan their Medical Treatment level to a PC while in their party.

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Items - 3/ Medical Items
"The amount of HP that can be healed per hour is the same as your medical level. So a character who is level 3 can heal themselves 3 HP per hour without medical items."

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 11 Day 185 9:28
Drega Loas

Tal, does that contradict or overide the Natural Recovery rules in Life and Death?

1.2/ Natural Recovery

If you are conscious (HP > 0), you naturally regain HP without visiting hospitals or using other equipment via the equation:
Equations

HP Regained / day = round(XP level/3) +1

If you are unconscious, then your body is totally unable to regain any HP and other medical methods will need to be applied. Any player can add an unconscious player to their party, and a Bacta Tank can be used to heal them above 0 HP.

LUtQEIt.png
Year 11 Day 185 10:54
I have strength 1 already I hope this can be sorted without raising that to 2 as well. *Snickers*

I fired my lvl 3 Medic I will save the credits she cost me to buy medical items, I might raise Medical Treatment to 1 so I can at least patch myself up in the future.

Year 11 Day 185 12:01
Dont worry, even being badly wounded and hanging on to consciousness by a thread if you had only 1 HP left doesnt change a darn thing.

--Arch, out.

Year 11 Day 185 21:43
That's funny Ellias, I think Medic NPCs should heal for the same reasons you think they shouldn't. Not everyone can afford those prices.

Exploring the galaxy one planet at a time.
Year 11 Day 185 22:36
Well, if I can convince people that getting a med droid into your party helps boost up your natural healing time, may not be.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 186 5:19
I am now recovered YeaY! HP 44/44 thank you all for your help. I'll be keeping an eye out for you Ellias just in case droids would help out in the future with the natural healing process.

Year 11 Day 186 8:37
So, to follow up on the Medic. If their ability to heal has been taken away, why are they still a wage earner and not considered a NPC such as the Ship Greeter or Criminal that does not earn a wage???

XPfTnIl.png

1zp5fy8.png
Year 11 Day 186 12:27
Presumably because they are still intended to be useful, at some point.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 11 Day 186 17:06
Ah so you want me to pay for an NPC that doesn't do it's job? Totally makes sense.

Deny deny deny.
Year 11 Day 186 17:14
It's the same as pilots and military NPCs. If you want to collect them now and have chance to level them up, or collect specific ones, you have to pay to keep them around.

Choice is yours. But when everybody rushes to get medics when they're implemented, and there's none available to hire, don't cry to the Admins.

Year 11 Day 186 17:19
Fair enough. But maybe those wages could be taken away until they're implemented. If there is no use for them, why pay credits to something that doesn't work.

It's like paying for a ship that doesn't fly.

Deny deny deny.
Year 11 Day 186 17:27
Or a gun that doesn't shoot?

Yet how many people own blasters?

Page 1 2