Day

Time

18:30:37

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 197 8:58
Ryan Roche

I was thinking.... :P

If the Combine has 4085 active members, how come we only see about 360 to 500 players online at the same time? It makes no sense to me. Most of the players are from the American regions, so while they have daylight it is most reasonable to have about 2000 players online at the same time. Considering the ones from the rest of the world, whose probably also online on American daylight hours (staying awake after night).

Just some food for thought.

Edited By: Ryan Roche on Year 11 Day 197 10:44

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 11 Day 197 9:15
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

This isn't general talk.

Most 'actives' are not really all that active, that's all there is to it.

Year 11 Day 197 10:43
Ryan Roche

I should bold out the question so you can understand me better then, Ten.

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 11 Day 197 10:50
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Most 'actives' are not really all that active, that's all there is to it.

Does that work?

Year 11 Day 197 11:51
Dan Hakim

Not everyone logs on every day, and not always for long periods of time either. Some just pop in for a few minutes to check DMs, travel status etc. I know a few who only log on when their next hyper trip is due to end. Not to mention the number of servicemen that play and can't always get the chance to log on.

As someone who spends a ridiculous amount of time online, I watch the patterns of members online, (I'm in a time zone that's GMT+8) so when it gets to about 4pm for me, I notice the numbers online start rising (I assume this is thanks to European based players logging on at work plus people from Mid to Western America logging on after work) logging on at home during the night. The next big peak is around 2-4am which coincides with Europeans getting home from work and those in America going to work).

If I'm online in the afternoon, say 1-3pm, there's are usually less than 200 players online

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 11 Day 197 12:35
I think about 100 of us log in every day and the other 3900 just rotate.

Year 11 Day 198 16:55
You only have to login once every week to be considered active and only have to be online for 1 sec for it to count as renewing your login. I'm looking right now and there are 368 online. LOL It's also the same reason we had almost 40 people join the combine in the last 24 hours 1% of total active members and yet the total number of active members never seems to change much.

Edited By: Waibba Synai on Year 11 Day 198 16:59
Year 11 Day 198 17:34
Ordinii Gotha

I predict battle will alter the situation.

| Gotha Re:Locations |
Galaxywide Hauling
Year 11 Day 198 21:15
Gunther Innis Tennor

When I released the 10th anniversary CP ships the online members shot up from about 200 to 526 in about 20 minutes. A good chunk came for IRC idlers when I announced the Sim News in #swc-traders. Vey thought the server was going to fry...fortunately we have better servers now. ;)

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.
Year 11 Day 198 23:48
Hmm, maybe I should post in #swc-traders that combat is released? We'd see the server melt down then...

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 199 0:15
Gunther Innis Tennor

I would like to say that people would be logging on to fire their torpedoes but we all know most will be jumping into hyper. :p

Robotic Japanese Toilet: I give you...happy poopy time.
Fry: Sorry, you know too much.