1. Yes armour will be factored in for combat, along with weapons and other such things.
2. We will be changing the way that equipment slots work. Currently you have left hand, right hand and belt. These will be changed to the new slots system.
3. Parties will contribute to the battle, and will follow the Character in attacking the target. Groups that aren't directly with the player, but under his command, will be able to function somewhat autonomously.
4. Creatures will actually be given some generic creature type weapons before we release it, which will most likely follow the same slot system as Characters, with the only different being that, for example, a Rancor's primary weapon is his Gnashers, while his secondary weapon is his Fists. This will allow us to do cool things like have creatures that have a long ranged weapon such as a Venom Spitter, whilst also having a close range weapon such as Gnashers. Creatures will not have a utility slot however.
5. Yes, you will be able to take Trophies off creatures. This was an oversight when I was converting the rules from my notes to the rules page. Certain creature types will have generic drops, while some specific creatures will have specific drops, like the Krayt Dragon Pearl.
In future, with drops, we have thought of allowing players to augment or craft items based on drops. So I can take my Krayt Dragon Pearl and combine it with my Armour to make my armour Light Saber resistant or some such thing (Don't whine at me about how that's not canon because I just made it up and really don't care).
So long, and thanks for all the fish...