So say I'm just zooming around in my Action IV on the surface of a planet and I happen to run across a rancor pack, now in the rules it says that once an aggressive creature sees you, it will attack you. So will they attack you even if you're in a ship? And if you're in a ship with weapons, can you fire upon them.
I figured I'd post questions here rather than make a new thread. Forgive me if I hijacked the thread, but I thought it best not to clutter the forum.
- Will armour factor in by the time creature combat is released? Currently, whether you have armour equipped or not, it just shows Armour 0/0 in the positions screen.
- Will the secondary weapons + utility slots be added before creature combat?
- In that same regard, what about parties and their contribution to a combat situation? Or is that a later thing with Party vs Creature/Entity?
- Some creatures - regardless of the supposed stat fix/update that was announced recently - such as the Rancor, have no minimum or maximum damage. Is this a bug or are you guys just figuring out how lethal you want to make them?
- Finally, will you be able to take trophies off significant creatures? For example, Krayt Dragon Pearl off the Krayt Dragon (which could be a significant trophy and valuable commodity if they can inhance a lightsaber such as in KOTOR).
1. Yes armour will be factored in for combat, along with weapons and other such things.
2. We will be changing the way that equipment slots work. Currently you have left hand, right hand and belt. These will be changed to the new slots system.
3. Parties will contribute to the battle, and will follow the Character in attacking the target. Groups that aren't directly with the player, but under his command, will be able to function somewhat autonomously.
4. Creatures will actually be given some generic creature type weapons before we release it, which will most likely follow the same slot system as Characters, with the only different being that, for example, a Rancor's primary weapon is his Gnashers, while his secondary weapon is his Fists. This will allow us to do cool things like have creatures that have a long ranged weapon such as a Venom Spitter, whilst also having a close range weapon such as Gnashers. Creatures will not have a utility slot however.
5. Yes, you will be able to take Trophies off creatures. This was an oversight when I was converting the rules from my notes to the rules page. Certain creature types will have generic drops, while some specific creatures will have specific drops, like the Krayt Dragon Pearl.
In future, with drops, we have thought of allowing players to augment or craft items based on drops. So I can take my Krayt Dragon Pearl and combine it with my Armour to make my armour Light Saber resistant or some such thing (Don't whine at me about how that's not canon because I just made it up and really don't care).
Hal, as to creature drops, its pretty much how you suggested. I've written up some preliminary ideas and equations for getting trophies, what trophies, and what you can do with them. As to how much the coders will keep to that I'm not sure, but should be pretty close.
Not sure how much I can say about it exactly however. As to any other stuff about creatures you have there, I personally am not sure what Sin's done/doing.
it aint combat if creatures cant attack back :( thats just a massacre.
I want to know when you say free terrain space is that mean virgin terrain or does that inclued city/roads/facility?
I really like to have two types A) natural surroundings and B)those creatures you may find in populated areas- eg duracrete slugs, vermin, birds etc
Only time say a rancor go in a city if player triggers it on out skirt and it begins roaming rampage...Be laugh to do on enemy cities :P
I hope being killed by creature happen, SWC has had to much time being wrapped up in tissue paper. If you provoke you should be able to be killed.
“The Player can not be killed outright, unless his available units have been eliminated. In the event that a Player is knocked out while his units are still active, they will either resurrect him using an available stimpack they have equiped to their utility slot, or the entire unit will flee from the battle taking their commander with them. ”
Here you go, take at least few NPCs with you so they get killed instead of you or ,in worst case, drag your arse back to the ship.
The Kaa Brothers.
Garbage removal services, one sentient at a time. taking bulk orders.
I support Jenos mailing people's mothers! "I could write,and strangely enough actually have written, a better GNS post while taking a dump." - Xias