184 are online

Year

Day

Time

00:53:39

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 244 23:15
Is there a tutorial on ship building? As in, how does one acquire a data card for a specific ship?

Year 11 Day 244 23:31
Rent a usage from the faction that owns that DC. You'll probably want to start with the Rules page on Production. It's not a tutorial by any means, but it'll help you understand what you need to have and from where.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 245 4:48
Thanks Hal, I did read the rules, but I didn't see info on how to obtain your own DC for a certain ship.

So what if the faction doesn't want to rent it out?

Also, how did that faction come to own theirs?

Year 11 Day 245 4:50
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

If a faction doesn't want to rent it out then you're out of luck. Find a comparable asset from another faction that is willing to.

Year 11 Day 245 5:41
As for how they got them, most factions got them when production was first released, apart from the few DCs that are generic and available for all factions of a specific type.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 11 Day 245 6:07
So if we rent usage, that means we still can't get a copy of the DC correct? We are only using theirs? (sorry, I'm new and trying to understand how it works)

Year 11 Day 245 6:15
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Yes. Datacards are not transferable at this point.

Year 11 Day 245 6:30
The rules state they can be copied, is this not true?

Year 11 Day 245 6:39
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Indeed it is not. Pretty much the entire datacard rules page is ahead of its time. At this point datacards are not actual items, they can't be copied, and they can be assigned to an unlimited number of production facilities in unlimited amounts.

Year 11 Day 245 6:44
Thanks a lot for the info, very enlightening.

Year 11 Day 245 8:01
Dan Hakim

The easiest way to find th DC, is look through the rules, find the ship you want and click on it's profile, on the right hand side will be a list of the factions that own the DC, you can click on them and find out more from the factions website about DC rentals (getting the DC assigned to your facility).

Although if you're new, you are unlikely to have the funds you will need for this kind of thing for a little while.

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 11 Day 245 8:44
Yep I did do that, only 1 faction has it.