Year

Day

Time

08:43:54

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 11 Day 269 22:33
And 12 people can command squads that fit in 24 Sentinels can't they. The purpose of NPC'ing other shuttles is so that you do not require the help of another PC. 

Or that you actually get a pilot to fly you down, rather than someone with a lot of points in Ground Command?
Would you rather be flown by the guy with 4 in combat piloting, or the guy with only 1? I suppose it goes back to your point about losing shuttles...

Again, being able to NPC shuttles is avoiding the subject and only making my grounds stronger. 

Not really. And yes, I'm skipping over some of your post, but it doesn't really need to be quoted and I'm going to make a blanket statement to cover a lot of what you said. The point is that in comparison to any other NPC-able shuttle, the sentinel carries far more people. The insanely high number of people you can carry in a squadron of 12 is, perhaps, unrealistic, but certainly illustrates the capabilities of the ship over the "competition".

The Gamma shuttle is not NPCable, so I'll ignore it.

The DX-9 carries 25, which admittedly is 2 squads + pilot, so not particularly suited for anyone who has higher than 0 in Ground Command. Or if you NPC them, then you need 1 DX-9 for every 2 points in Ground Command. You'd need 4 Deltas to carry the NPCs for one GC5 person, with room for 15 additional people/droids.

The Lambda carries 17, so certainly doesn't break down easily into X squads + pilot. You'd need 5 Lambdas to carry all the NPCs for the GC5 person, with no extra room

The Delta carries 16, and again doesn't break down neatly into X squads + pilot. You'd need 6 Deltas to carry all the NPCs for the GC5 person, with room for 11 additional people/droids.

Or with the Sentinel you can get all the NPCs for a GC5 individual in 2 shuttles, with 35 additional passenger spaces.

So as Xavze originally said, the passenger capacity of the sentinel is highly enviable compared to other NPCable shuttles, and increasing that capacity only serves to unbalance it further by comparison. There is also not any form of standard to conform to in terms that shuttle passenger capacities should take the form X Squads + 1, since the DX-9 is the only shuttle that can be considered to be following such a format. And that's even considering the non-NPCable shuttles like the Zeta, Atlas, Theta, Gamma, and ATR-6.

If we're working with some other definition of balance (for example, making it closer to canon) please let me know so I can adjust my arguments accordingly.

I find myself still waiting for the gameplay reason to make an exception for this one ship. Other than it being on your attention at the moment.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 269 22:48
Icarus Carinae

Why would a Shuttle be designed to hold 11 extra people when if you made it with a tiny bit more space it would fit the standard galactic squad size used by all the galaxies military's. I'm not averse to having it lowered, but it shouldn't be 60.

As far as balance goes, If you look at vehicles and drop ships ground combat gives GE a ground advantage while giving NR an air advantage with faster more mobile combat speeders. If a shuttle with 60 passengers allows for 60 troops to be dropped whats the problem?

Year 11 Day 269 23:07
Why would a Shuttle be designed to hold 11 extra people when if you made it with a tiny bit more space it would fit the standard galactic squad size used by all the galaxies military's. I'm not averse to having it lowered, but it shouldn't be 60. 

Why not? Of all shuttles, only the DX-9 has a passenger capacity divisible by 12 with 1 remaining. Why should the sentinel?

As far as balance goes, If you look at vehicles and drop ships ground combat gives GE a ground advantage while giving NR an air advantage with faster more mobile combat speeders. If a shuttle with 60 passengers allows for 60 troops to be dropped whats the problem? 

Exactly? It carries 60 people, it can drop 60 people... what's the problem?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 11 Day 270 19:56
Icarus Carinae

The problem is you can't actually fit 60 in it, only 49.

Year 11 Day 270 21:11
No, you can fit 60. Just one of them happens to have to fly it.

Year 11 Day 270 22:58
I too would like all my ships passenger capacity boosted!
Pretty please?

Year 11 Day 271 1:52
Who says the pilot has to stay with the ship? Maybe they want to join in on the fun

Page 1 2