Year

Day

Time

12:44:07

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 285 15:50
Hello,
I was just trying to get some insight as to why my preferred handle was rejected. I selected the name "Ganga Wolf" which has been my handle going back to the EQ and original iteration of SWG days, and is a "play" off of my middle name "Wolfgang".

I am not trying to be difficult, but is it the fact that I have "Wolf" as a last name an issue, or is there something else? Any guidance would be appreciated as I have had this online "Identity" well over 10 years now....thanks!

Year 11 Day 285 16:17
Wolf was definitely a contributing factor, and we've declined people for it before. It also crossed my mind that you might be trying a play on "ganja" as a drug reference. It may be a little paranoid of me, but you'd be surprised at some of what people try to slip through in their handles.

Would you be entirely opposed to putting an "e" on the end of the surname, to make it "Ganga Wolfe"? Or a similar minor change to it?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 285 16:22
I don't mind putting an "e" at the end of Wolf if that would make it okay.

And I *definitely* wasn't making any drug references! Like I stated, it's a handle I've used for a long time as a play off of my middle name. Blame my parents - they were big Mozart fans... :-)

So should I just resubmit with that change? And thanks for answering me.

Year 11 Day 285 16:55
Yeah, go ahead and put it through like that.

I hope you can understand that when all we have to go by is the actual name, sometimes it's easy to assume the worst. I might not have declined for either separately, but seeing both together... *shrugs*

But hey, Mozart's cool. ;)

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.