202 are online

Year

Day

Time

22:33:55

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » I'm starting to think chat hates me.
Xu Xlaar Vivan

I have been using live chat since mIRC has stopped working and now live chat refuses to work.

I now get:

Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.swc-irc.com resolve)

Any help will be great. I am starting to get annoyed.

Note: Live chat has always worked for me.

Vrik Dakari

There are a few possibilities to this, I think.

1. Your browser - I know that there's been some issues with the whole IRC Live Chat thing before, it might just be your browser. Which do you use?

-and-

2. Firewall or Security Measures - I know that this has been an issue for me recently. After I've logged in, the following security warning appears:

LiveChatHelp1.jpg

Now, the issue that arises from this is accidentally pressing "Yes" when you're acting careless and quickly. This was happening to me, and I was about to post in the Question Centre much like you did before I finally figured it out. This is what shows up after clicking "Yes". Although, it would appear your problem is different. Still, this could be used as a guide in the future.

LiveChatHelp2.jpg

Like I said, your error code is different. This may or may not be your problem, but clearly your problem is security in some way, shape or form. So, just make sure you click "No", not "Yes".

LiveChatHelp3.jpg

Hope this helped! If not, Google it or something. I'm sure it's happened a lot before.

DC-11-1.png
Xu Xlaar Vivan

I never got a pop up. Chat is working ATM so I am thinking the server might have been down?

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Yeah...no.