278 are online

Year

Day

Time

12:21:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 2 15:55
Just had the handle "Banditos Baba" turned down because according to the email I received it dosent sound enough like "Red Wolf". Ok im tired, but isnt the whole point of an "alien" name to sound different from run-of-the-mill "top gun callsign" handles (i.e. "Red Wolf")? As far as im aware it doesnt break any of the rules on handles? (which I did look up before choosing that handle). So far power-tripping admins seem to be one good reason why Star Wars Combine will probably go down in history as fail, pity as the community was looking interesting. Hf gl and l8rs.

Year 12 Day 2 20:44
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bandito?show=0&t=1291261265

Not a name.

You are also misinterpreting the e-mail. "Red Wolf" is given as an example of a handle that would be declined for not sounding like a name.

Stay away from real words, titles/ranks, and canon Star Wars surnames, and it's really pretty easy to get a name accepted. Dozens of people do it daily.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 3 0:42
By that logic mate then ur handle should have been declined too

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hal

Also your handle HAL is a reference to the on-board computer of the Discovery One spacecraft in Arthur C. Clarke's fictional Space Odyssey saga - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_9000

Infact SW Combine itself should be renamed as the word Combine clearly exists already www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/combine (joke but u get the idea, lots of things can be deliberately taken out of context).

Unless I misunderstand again and your real name is Hal, who knows, tbh who cares. Ive used the handle Baiditos for over 6 years on a number of strict role playing servers for a number of MMORPG games and never once had anyone say "thats not a proper name because if u take the s off its a word in a dictionary". You could clearly look up every handle and I bet you would find plenty that have partial hits for existing words in some language or another.

It seems that Handles need to be alian but not too alian. An interesting philosophical concept and a weak argument. It does, however, tell me enough about the attitude of the community leaders to see that it is probably a community best avoided. Thanks for the info, bookmark deleted, history cleared, SW Combine fail, welcome to oblivion.

Year 12 Day 3 0:47
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

I wasn't aware that Italian was an alien language.
Amusingly, your typo-ed name of "Baiditos" would be fine.

Year 12 Day 3 1:50
With an attitude like that, I'm glad he's gone.

Funny how all these people with illegal handles complain about how strict we are and how hard it is to sign up and how nobody could possibly ever get past our naming requirements and the game isn't going to last with these rules...

And then I look at the date, and chuckle. Not to mention the sheer number of handles that we do accept on a daily basis.

If you can't get a handle accepted it's your issue, not ours.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 3 7:03
Silly guy.
Saying Hal must equal HAL 9000 is like trying to claim my name Arch MUST be in reference to McDonalds golden arches.
It couldnt for instance have anything to do with the real name Hal people use? In exactly the same fashion George Lucas picked Luke without it pertaining to the Gospel of Luke?
So glad I dont have to worry about a guy being here that cant even spell "alien" (note the misspell twice)
AND he seemed to think his name had to be similar to Red Wolf. Quite a ridiculous character. I cant wait until he reads this and sees how silly he is, but of course he will never own up to it so we have to preemptively take pity on him and hope he manages to live without us.
--Arch, out.