Year

Day

Time

12:02:35

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 12 18:29
My IRC isn't working, all I see is this-

The combine chat server is located on server irc.swc-irc.com. If you require server help join #help and if you require combine help join #swc-help.

When I click on the link it says-

The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:
Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

What you can try:
Search online for a program you can use to view this web content.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Please Help

Year 12 Day 12 20:10
Judging by what you wrote, you are using the Java Live Chat link at the top of the page? If so, would guess that the computer you are on does not have Java installed, or a sufficiently high enough version to run it (if that can have an effect that is). Install Java and it should be ok.

Did that not help when I posted in your other thread?

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 13 0:08
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Wait, when you click on which link exactly? You're not hitting the irc.swc-irc.com link, are you?

Year 12 Day 14 6:03
Um, ya?

Ellias, I have it and at it's highest version.

Year 12 Day 14 6:41
Firefox doesn't know what to do if you click the link, since the IRC protokol is unknown to it. That protocol is used by chat programs like mIRC or Chatzilla. If you have the latter (add-on) added to firefox, it should automatically open a chatzilla connection to the server, otherwise you'll get your browser's error message.

That said, the chat server has been working fine for me in the last few days.

Year 12 Day 14 6:54
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

1085m4o.jpg

Are you doing this?

Year 12 Day 14 14:34
Xu Xlaar Vivan

I am doing that but it doesn't work for me.

Year 12 Day 14 15:29
Of course I'm doing it.
When i click it, I have that page, just without the stuff below the IRC link.

(I'm not using Firefox, I'm using IE)

Edited By: Kit Lit on Year 12 Day 14 15:32
Year 12 Day 14 15:34
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Stop using IE.

Year 12 Day 14 16:54
At this point, it would be easier to just install an external IRC client if that is a possibility.

Otherwise, IE is the SWC Killer. Get Firefox or Chrome, they tend to work better.

Year 12 Day 14 18:25
Vrik Dakari

I've been using IE lately (regrettably so) and my IRC Chat on the Combine server is working just fine. Not using mIRC or any other external IRC client either. I have the latest edition of IE right now (IE8, IE 9 Beta is just a waste) as well as every single Java update automatically installed as soon as they show up.

My advice, however extremely simple, is just to make sure you have all Java updates installed. Shockwave, whatever else there is, just go through the works. If that doesn't do it, I'm at a blank. Get a new 'puter I guess. :P

Year 12 Day 14 18:35
Any excuse to get a new computer is a good excuse to get a new computer! ;)

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 14 18:38
Vrik Dakari

Exactly! ;)

Year 12 Day 16 13:38
I'm not using my own computer, and the owner is EXTREMELY picky about what I download. I don't have the money for a new computer right now, so I'm kinda at point blank.

Year 12 Day 16 15:03
Last resort, you can always use mibbit, but good luck getting one of the few spots we have for the client.

Year 12 Day 17 16:58
Vrik Dakari

Well, if the owner is a friend, as it sort of sounds like, just let him/her know that Java is a VERY beneficial program. You can download it directly from their site since it's free, so you don't have to worry about those illegal copies just being a trick to get into your computer. If your friend or whatever still denies the request, well than they're just a moron, sorry to say. Although I suppose I could see where they are coming from, but regardless any computer user understands the necessity and importance of Java to view certain web pages.

Year 12 Day 22 10:40
I already have Java.