Year

Day

Time

03:51:29

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3 4
Year 12 Day 58 17:54
The 2nd thing ah did when ah started playing (the first was learning how long it took just to walk around) was hire a speeder and went exploring mah home planet, went to every square at least once and ended up lvl 3, at which time ah started looking around for a faction

Year 12 Day 58 19:02
Ams Ipocnec

How do I gain XP.

Year 12 Day 58 20:49
They just told you, try reading.

Year 12 Day 59 7:27
Akadama Satoshi

^

Also, is there any way to steal a ship?

Edited By: Akadama Satoshi on Year 12 Day 59 16:47

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 59 17:03
You can dock someone's ship into yours, and keep them from using it, but you wont be able to use it either unless they let you. Thats about it. No actual way to steal ownership.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 12 Day 59 17:47
Akadama Satoshi

.....This game has been around for 12 years, and it's not even close to completion.

I mean, seriously? This game has so much potential it's not even funny. Why hasn't it been finished by now?

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 59 17:57
I seriously dont get people like you, if you'd actually pick a race not because of its highest FS chance and put some work into the character, you'd be happy you can't just get randomly killed. And once you actually have some of your own ships you'll buy for earned credits you'll be happy some random noob can't steal it from you. So why don't you quit whining and actually start playing the game?

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 59 18:04
Akadama Satoshi

I'm trying to. I can't fight anything, it takes 5 days to walk across the friggin street, and half of my clothes are "semi-implemented".

There really isn't much to play.

I really do like this game, you know. I'm sorry I got angry about that. But you must understand how I feel. This game would kick so much ass if it were finished...But it's so unfinished. And it has been for 12 years.

And yes, btw, I did pick Gand because of the FS percentage.

Edited By: Akadama Satoshi on Year 12 Day 60 8:26

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 60 17:06
One of the main problems is that the level of complexity and growth of the game was not adequately anticipated in the beginning. We've changed clients a couple of times (included a downloaded version) and several core features (such as inventory and travel) have needed to be rewritten to account for the load.

There is also a lot more "game" once you get off the starting planet.

Wait for your faction pick up (or are you on Gand? I can also loan you a ship) and for them to give you some tasks to do, and there's a lot more possibilities. It's always going to be slow, but I, for one, appreciate not having to be at the keyboard all the time to play this game. Or even logged in. Start travel somewhere, go to bed/work, and you're there in the morning.

If you want more immediate interaction, get on the IRC server and meet some folks. Not all of them are crazy - only most.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 61 9:12
Akadama Satoshi

I'm almost at Corellia atm. NPC travel.

I do get a salary from my faction, so I can afford NPC travel:/

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 61 11:08
Yes, Factions pay you to work..what a concept. Most likely if you are in CEC they will come pick you up from the SP. Just let them know where you are.

Edited By: Skeltsco Ofsseto on Year 12 Day 61 11:10

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 12 Day 63 11:48
Akadama Satoshi

What about RP scenarios?

Are there any active ones? I'm not the best at RP'ing, but I know what I'm doing. I'd love to join the RP community here, if there is one. The RP community on my favorite Text MMO(Not sure if I'm allowed to name it) is pretty much dead:(

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 63 11:54
You can start in the Meeting Hall, for fairly "freeform" RP (but still using your SWC character, in the existing SWC galaxy - this catches a few people out), or you can venture over to the White Scenario boards for organised, GMed scenarios that award XP for good posts. White Scenarios can be a little hard to get into, though.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 63 12:21
While back GE used to have their own scenarios on their forums, you might try to ask about those. Whats the deal now I have no idea.

MeandMine.png

Year 12 Day 63 14:25
Akadama Satoshi

Where should I post my character sheet? the white board, the RP forum here, both?

(Luckily, I already have a character sheet from the Text MMO I mentioned in my last post. I started a SW RP thread there. Sadly, it died down after a few pages, due to the mostly dead RP community there:( )

Edited By: Akadama Satoshi on Year 12 Day 63 17:23

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 63 20:28
YOu don't have to post a sheet, we assume your RP your skills. AKA you cannot be good at everything.

Year 12 Day 64 13:00
Akadama Satoshi

So, I just insert myself into a scenario?

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Year 12 Day 64 13:59
You are correct.

Year 12 Day 64 20:09
Vrik Dakari

Yep, just post in any active RP anytime you wish. Just make sure you read the title of it first, noting that certain restrictions are not placed on it. i.e. High Stakes ((Exclusive RP, DM if not the List))

Others will say something like "Invitation Only" or "DM before Posting", stuff along those lines. Obviously, there is no way to stop someone from posting in one of these "restricted" RPs, but generally there is a level of respect associated with these and others don't tend to intrude upon them. Generally speaking, these "Invitation/On the List/DM before Posting" threads are headed by either a more experienced RPer, or one that is simply attempting to keep newer RPers, that may be less experienced, out. Most of 'em are pretty considerate and will allow you to come on in as soon as they've seen some of your work, albeit it is actually good.

I talk with a decent amount of experience on that, being a more active RPer that is actually heading an RP with the title above. Hope to see you start RPing in the Meeting Hall, more RPers are always welcome as far as I'm considered!

DC-11-1.png
Year 12 Day 66 12:54
Akadama Satoshi

I'm unconscious in the Tatooine desert...what do I do?

D:

Samurai Of Legend RPG!

Page 1 2 3 4