Time

07:18:18

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 12 Day 70 11:36
Shuji Shizuka

A diplomatic answer for everything...

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 70 11:54
Most people will tell you, because there's not much point testing you if they don't. But there's also the possibility, especially in the future, that a Force User may test someone to know what the potential level of threat from that person might be.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 70 12:12
If you are worried that they will become a threat to you if they are made aware they are FS, then simply don't test them, don't test them just to find out if they could turn on you and attempt to give you a colonic with a 'saber with no intention of letting them know if they are

Year 12 Day 70 12:28
Ex. 1) Joe Bloggs asks me if I'll Force test him. I agree. He boards my ship, I test him, he's FS, I reveal the answer to him, etc...

Ex. 2)I encounter Fred Sggolb in the street one day. He's not moving and I decide to Force test him just because I can. He's FS, but I don't bother to tell him because I don't know what faction he's with, if he's an annoying noob, etc. But I might send him a DM and chat with him to find out, and offer him another Force test later if I like him.

Ex. 3) Mikel von Bianchi, from the GE, is walking around on Gand. I'm not hostile with the GE, but not necessarily too friendly either, so I'm a little wary and suspicious. I Force test him to find out what level of "problem" he might be if he chooses to cause trouble. I find him to be FS, and I plan accordingly.

Example 1 is the only situation where the person is going to know they've been tested, let alone if I want them to know the result. I suspect it's also the only scenario you were considering.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 12 Day 70 14:09
Then there's also the fact that you test him, he's FS and you tell him that he's really not, that's another few levels until he's a potential pain in your side again.

Year 12 Day 70 15:57
Again ah learnt something new: didn't realise you could test someone without them being aware of it, but what happens if they move while you are in the middle of the test? Ah guessing that the test fails but would like clarification

Year 12 Day 70 16:33
So if you test someone and they ARE Force sensitive, will The Force box show up for them regardless of whether the tester informs them or not?
--Arch, out.

Year 12 Day 70 17:00
No. You have to be informed in order to become Force Aware. You need to be Force Aware for the box to show up.

I'll let someone with code knowledge answer the other one.

Year 12 Day 70 22:57
They can't move while being brain-raped. Which reminds me to put in a way for them to cancel the test, because that could be an unfortunate exploit.

Year 12 Day 70 23:15
No. You have to be informed in order to become Force Aware. You need to be Force Aware for the box to show up. 

That's why it makes sense that it is automatic if it turns out you are infected, but ah'm not going to argue the point

Page 1 2