277 are online

Year

Day

Time

14:00:30

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 103 9:07
Over my time in SWC I have created numerous accounts in the banner exchange. This is due to the fact that every time I try to log in, my password or handle doesn't work, and when I go to "lost password" and type in my handle/username, I get no response.

I just started a new one again. It seems to work currently, but it always has right off the start. I am guessing that every time it doesn't work and I create a new one the old one gets deleted or something?

Whatever the case, it is kind of getting annoying.

So, now that I have a new one, the old ones are fine to delete, but if I go back there and my password doesn't work again, and when I go to lost password and receive no email, what am I supposed to do besides create a new account?

And yes, I have tried IRCs swc-help on different occasions for different problems and more often than not I get no response.

Year 12 Day 103 11:26
Ryan Roche

The person that can help you with this problem is the Banner Exchange Director ( Char`Kargis Olort ), who also has limited control over the most unstable system which is the BannerX. Every time you create a new account your old one does not get deleted, it doesn't check for existing accounts under the same name or under the same e-mail.

Once you lose your password you should contact the BannerX Director who will give you a new one/your old one so you can access your account again. At any rate do not create a new account because it just frustrates the PR team. Also, for help regarding the BannerX go to #swc-pr.

I realise you are annoyed by this case, but the way the BannerX works is beyond repair. I understood the solution to this would be to write a whole new system/code and for that we need available and willing coders. And simply the BannerX is not in top priority over the other projects.

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Year 12 Day 103 15:15
'tis true...

I can help you, no problem, as long as you have your account handle. If you don't, it's a much more painful process

This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence.

mystats.php?uid=c1100
Year 12 Day 103 19:50
Thanks. I really don't mean to come across as pissed about it. Stuff happens. I appreciate the help. I will DM you Char. Thanks both of you. This was very helpful. Cheers