Time

02:43:27

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » University multi-accounts
Year 12 Day 136 22:42
Icarus Carinae

There seem to be problems with multi-Accounts. I've had friends at my University sign up and it always end up being a huge hassle, after a week of trying to start playing they give up. A week after that we get an email telling them they've been accepted.

My very first friend who signed up had no such problems, so whatever was happening two years ago seems to work better then it is now.

We have a running University Multi-Account...how hard is it to add more people who use the Universities IP's.

Year 12 Day 137 0:06
Well, as more and more people join an account, it gets to be more work to check each of them to see about illegal multis. There is also an issue where only 4 people can be assigned max as multis because of the way its setup. Plus its also possible that your university has changed the way it access the internet which changes how it all looks to SWC checks.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 137 0:56
Hm I didn't know you had to sign-up for university multi. I sometime log in when I am at uni and when I asked the first day I was there (yeah, who cares about the campus, my SWC account is more important=P) over irc, I wasn't told about it, just that I'll be fine to log in from uni. Though I am not sure if anyone else there actually plays. So if anyone would we'd need to set up a university multi?

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 12 Day 137 1:13
Icarus Carinae

Well it's just a regular multi-account but I've read that they keep track of university IP's so that when another person logs in with an IP that another members used before at that university they aren't automatically banned.

Year 12 Day 137 1:41
There are sites where you can put in an IP address and it tells you the location and the ISP - generally schools and universities are labelled when this is done so its obvious its unikely to be the same person, especially if they log in in different places outside of uni.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 137 9:13
aah cool, thanks.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--