Day

Time

14:32:55

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » computer operations or leadership
Year 12 Day 163 16:00
for my new character which would you say would be better to have lvl 5 (and other lvl 4)?

Year 12 Day 163 16:02
Depends on if you want to be prospecting or producing.

Or you could think which your character would be better at, but thats an RP thing and we know how those get thrown out for stats.

Year 12 Day 163 23:00
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Leadership decreases time taken, computer operations increases success rate. You decide which is more important.

Year 12 Day 164 15:39
Thomas Redwood

"Computer operations Is the better, one trust me it can help get you more jobs then Leadership. People, who hire leadership people, want you to build citys or ships so go with computer operations thats just my opinnion."

"You pick."

Edited By: Thomas Redwood on Year 12 Day 164 15:40

thomas_redwood_sig.png

You will become my force of retribution. Where you tread, doom will follow. Go now and claim your destiny death knight."
Year 12 Day 165 7:48
Actually Thomas, you've got it backwards. Leadership will help you with construction (facility and station), production, mining, and more. All computer Ops is for (well, for right now) is prospecting. I have 4 of both, so it's not hard to be balanced.

Edited By: Kerian Modun on Year 12 Day 165 7:49
Year 12 Day 165 7:57
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

In all but one of those cases the leadership affects the time it takes to complete something. Time which you yourself can spend doing something else. You essentially gain very little for your skill points. In the last case it's a cost reduction, but you only need a single person to manage your mines. A faction with someone clever in charge will have a reliable level five operator sitting pretty for that.

Whereas computer operation's more limited use, prospecting and GNS hacking, is the difference between success and failure. The difference between having something and having nothing.

On the one hand, flat out success and failure.
On the other hand, processes you don't have to personally supervise take marginally less time to complete.

Year 12 Day 165 17:12
Thomas Redwood

"Kerian Thanks thought I, had it the right way, but never mind I have computer op 5 and leadership, 4 not bad skills."

Edited By: Thomas Redwood on Year 12 Day 165 17:12

thomas_redwood_sig.png

You will become my force of retribution. Where you tread, doom will follow. Go now and claim your destiny death knight."
Year 12 Day 165 18:23
You don't need to use speech marks in an OOC forum post.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 166 13:46
ignore all advices and create a char how you want it to be now and later. skill points are difficult to come by and your choices here will pretty much decide your total skills in every aspect. do what you feel is best not what might be best for a group or what others need/say.

horbanner.gif