295 are online

Year

Day

Time

10:14:41

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » IC/OOC separation. Yes, it's that difficult.
Page 1 2 3
So Teniel could be banned for giving someone a ship and/or credits for recreating as an Ishi Tib?

No, she just sent her an YT-1760, who is only 5,8m worth. Since the server probably took the RMP in the equation, it was way below the 10 million credits I gave her.

I told her "as soon as you respawn, DM me and I'll see what I can do." She respawned and immediatly DMed me. I most likely sent her the credits minutes after, so the server got triggered for excess of benevolence.

I wish to point out that I sent her almost all my remaining credits, no strings attached. At no point she have been told to refund me, or do anything like this. I acted out of selfless generosity, wishing to get her started. We had a quite large discussion about respawning and all its drawback, including no reputation, and more important than anything, no credits. I've passed through this, with each respawn more miserable than the previous one. I wished to give her what I would've wished to receive, since I don't wish what happened to me to anyone.

Now, a little question to the admins: If I respawn and use CP for spawning a hammerhead as soon as respawned, isn't it using an OOC method to get wealth as soon as respawned, with no IC reasons?

Ryan Roche

CPs has nothing to do with it. They are talking about wealth acquired by the player from another player, not by themselves.

~Ryan

Ryan's Arts Workshop
Tiali, Yes. There is no IC connection between them.

However, Teniel is a special case, because if any newbie does contact Teniel asking for a ship, the vast majority of the time she will give them one. It's in her IC nature to be helpful to newbies, and there is a lot of evidence to support that, so we can chalk it up to ordinary behaviour.

The same cannot be said to other people who breach this rule.

Unless specifically stated, this post is not the view of the Star Wars Combine Administration and should not be viewed as such.
Jennavecia Corleone

Gotta love cherry picking. I swear it's an asim past time. :rolls her eyes:

Tneiel should not be a special case in any way, nor anyone else for that matter.

what should matter would be the amount or value of what is being made over. lots of people help new people out with maybe a small ship or some minor amount of credits. all nice but I do not think many people make over large amounts of credits or assets to some random new member.

horbanner.gif
The intention of the rule is that respawns do not get their old assets back, or the credit value of their old assets. If Drestin sent Siarica his stuff before dying, and she reimbursed his new character, that would be bannable. Sending a respawn some money to help them out has never been bannable, and has never been punished for .. as I posted in the Sim News Comments thread, there were auto-generated e-mails going out to all the ASims for a time, listing any new characters and respawns with suspicious amounts of assets. Generally they were left alone, except in circumstances where the specific assets/asset value could be tied to a respawn's old character by way of their pre-death transfer of assets to another party.

Sigh.

swcforumsig

Diabolus`ut Persolvo

well said syn.thats pretty much how i understood the rule.i think the main point here is keep it IC if you are taking a new player under your wing then RP it whether they were a recreate or a fresh noobie should not make any differance if its all done as an IC gesture.

5Kk4vob.pngimpaling.png
Helena Gladio

What I then not understand:

Magnus Plaga owned a squad of A-Wings. He got killed, the ships went to his wife Ayame as she told me in a log. Magnus respawns. He then sells the same A-Wings on CPM.

http://market.centrepointstation.com/profile.php?user=c6881

Why is that going unpunished? Seems his new character got his old stuff back?

mystats.php?uid=c3968

Shout out to my fellow Falleen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
Siarica Aylina

As some people pointed in the general talk, Magnus is most likely using a known loophole: as long as the assets stay in the faction he's in, he will never have troubles with it.

I would say go and report it, at least the aSims will be noticed of a known loophole, and will perhaps take measures to solve this recurrent issue.

--
Year 12 Day 181 9:57
Deleted Post
Deleted by Ayame Aevum. Reason: and the witch hunt starts by the most famous witch of them all
What I then not understand:

Magnus Plaga owned a squad of A-Wings. He got killed, the ships went to his wife Ayame as she told me in a log. Magnus respawns. He then sells the same A-Wings on CPM.

- Helena Gladio

First of all.....Kana Aevum (me) is the is the seller in that listing, can you separate two names in an IC/OOC discussion?

Secondly, when you spawned you sold off a number of assets on behalf of someone else (ie - you were given a "rare" ship or you advertised it and were trusted to oversee the actual transaction). The first awing in my profile was given to me for the #LiveAuctions channel, it was made over to me right before I asked Russ (one of the shouters) to go ahead and start the auction. I was the point of contact, I was the one setting the starting price and bidding range....I had to own it for there to be no complications. The other awings listed in my profile were given to me to sell after Ayame had gotten all she wanted from the rest of the squad, and while she wanted to sell the rest of the off she had no interest in the "effort" of advertising and selling them. Dorn Zeke and I came to an agreed price after I advertised it on IRC, once again I owned the ships so that I could oversee the transaction.

Why is that going unpunished? Seems his new character got his old stuff back?

- Helena gladio

This character has been around for a few months already, and the assets I owned were NOT given to me for the intent of "keeping them" or "trading them for my own benefit", they were given to me ONLY to sell on Ayame's behalf.

---

As some people pointed in the general talk, Magnus is most likely using a known loophole: as long as the assets stay in the faction he's in, he will never have troubles with it.

- Siarica Aylina

That would be an interesting suggestion.....if this character thus far been assigned ANY faction owned entity, or even was a member of a faction with any form of privileges. You gossipers should really investigate your claims before making allegations which have no foundation.

I would say go and report it, at least the aSims will be noticed of a known loophole, and will perhaps take measures to solve this recurrent issue.

- Siarica Aylina

The admins have been made aware of such a loophole in the past on previous characters, and thus far about the only way it has been seen to be punishable is if the respawn becomes owner of that faction soon after.....while the previous characters assets are within the faction.

Edited By: Kana Aevum on Year 12 Day 181 10:12
Siarica Aylina

So you admit receiving assets owned by your previous character?

your old character's assets cannot be returned to you.

- The Rules

--
Helena Gladio

That is breach one.

I'm no admin, so you don't have to answer this question/remark; so the monies of those three A-Wings went straight to Ayame?

And on a sidenote: Isn't it a rule @ Centrepoint that you can't sell stuff you don't own?

mystats.php?uid=c3968

Shout out to my fellow Falleen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
So you admit receiving assets owned by your previous character?

- Siarica Aylina

Allow me to refer your inquiry to the other thread that the two of you are commenting in....

Source - http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=45696&page=0

(However, in the case of Magnus Plaga, I believe the assets were owned by the faction he was in)

- Jenos

This most likely was a Revan Brissingr senerio. Where someone offered to help someone's respawn in return for doing something for them now.

She knows a few PLAYERS, who do this. And it DEFINITELY crosses the OOC/IC line. You cannot do this in real life, you cannot walk up to someone and say, "If you let me kill you now" or "Let me give you a ride to your death" and then pay the reincarnation 20 million.

Signature.png
Her imaginary friends think you have issues. Her multiple personalities agree. So her inner child is refusing to speak to you!
Diabolus`ut Persolvo

the faction scenario has always created a Grey area.....
but the whole "relations" thing that goes on in this game is a even grayer one using magnus and ayame for example..(no personal reason) why would the admins think it ok to allow this whole "family' thing when it states clearly in the rules otherwise?
personally im indifferent on it but if its a rule its a rule.

id like to see it clarified at the very least.

5Kk4vob.pngimpaling.png
The whole point of respawning is the benefit of restarting and choosing better skill sets. The penalty phase would only be waiting 30 days if when you recreate people randomly give you credits or ships. I went through recreating and had to wait for first month salary to buy anything as I was fine with it as a penalty recreating. No character should have any more credits or ships as a new player starting out, except if they exchange cp's since they can carry over. It just smeels of shady dealings giving free credits and assests when a person respawns which is the basis of the rule, any free credits assests not gained through the cp should be banned unless they can show they hired an npc or listing on cpm with the starting credits for first motnh of recreate. Play by the spirit of the rules and play fair. Stop trying to find a hole or technicality in every rule.......

Jennavecia Corleone

Or I could accept that free ship from a "new" friend since he and my sister (former character) were such good friends and wants to honor her memory by helping out her sister who just crashed onto a planet after being attacked by pirates. Oh hey...did you see what I just did? I made it IC. omg!!11elvenity. Who knew you could get something and not have to wait a month for some paltry paycheck (if you even bother joining a faction instead of going freelance) by making up a backstory on how/why you got whatever.

Edited By: Jennavecia Corleone on Year 12 Day 183 22:26
You accepting a ship for nothing when you spawn would still or should show up as a red flag easy to see in inventory events oh look a ship just randomly had my name on it. If people don't like the rules or spirit of game then don't play or don't recreate.

Jennavecia Corleone

Why? I did not own the ship in a past life. Why should I be punished for someone wanting to help me? It's an asinine reason. What business is it of yours? How does it effect you directly? Answer, it doesn't. Seems like a few of you like being busy bodies because you don't have friends who will help you out.

Page 1 2 3