Year

Day

Time

10:41:47

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6
Year 12 Day 185 13:21
It seems that i've been banned on the ground that I 'blamed a bug in the course of a scam.'

Now....

I'd like some actual evidence that I blamed a bug at all? I'd link the thread in question, but someone decided to have a power trip and ban me. I never once said that a bug was to blame. I suggested that it was possible, but essentially, as Teniel posted, I just said 'nope, I didn't get any money'

I know that actual facts have no real bearing on the decisions of an asim (Sia knows this) but i'd appreciate it if a) someone could point out any evidence, and b) I could be unbanned due to the fact that i've broken no rule.

Shuji Shizuka.

Year 12 Day 185 13:26
Drestin von Degistern

From what I've seen, he is right. I have not once seen him say "It's the bug's fault", only he suggested it might have been bugged. :/

Year 12 Day 185 13:28
I ran a search using CTRL + F in the forums concerning him...

The first mention of bug was:

Perhaps either the accused or accuser should ask an admin nicely for a quick check in the database since now we are walking in OOC territory with it potentially being a bug-issue than an IC issue.

- Maku Ragnarok

msGAc.gif
411-6154-ubd2908.png
zhao.png
Year 12 Day 185 13:30
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Posting events suggesting that you have not received anything, prompting the other party to check with the asims, is pretty much the same as outright saying it's a bug..

Also, to Gavin. Ctrl+f better. Shuji suggests it in the first irc log posted. =p

Year 12 Day 185 13:32
I never suggested that Kir should check with the asims.

Year 12 Day 185 13:35
Wait, Gitane fakes screenshots, gets out of being listed as a scammer, and walks away completely free.

Shuji fakes a screenshot, claims he never received the money, and he gets a ban for blaming a bug that he said nothing about?

It's a trading dispute. Admin don't get involved in trading disputes. It's Shuji's word against Kir's, and who has the more authentic screenshot.

This ban is complete crap, and if people have been complaining to Jenos that Shuji accused a bug, we should just ban them for wasting Admin time instead.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 185 13:48
I know for a fact he never blamed a bug, I was with him...on line...the whole time and he never once stated that, I think somebody who's a great big ol' slave trader needs to grow up and stop whinning coz he got scammed by somebody smarter than him.

4049_s.gif
www.royalechaniremnant.yolasite.com
Year 12 Day 185 13:59
I would just like to think that if anything like this were to happen against me, that the Admins wouldn't take a cut and paste (not to mention easily to edited) irc logs as fact and levy it against me.

It's too bad that Kir didn't actually get a screen shot of what was said, then we all could have sat back and laughed out loudat the banning and exclaimed "Dumb Shuji..." instead of wondering if the convo actually happened the way Kir TYPED it.

*edit* fixi a Jawa's spelling *edit*

Edited By: Heek Jikjawa on Year 12 Day 185 14:02
Year 12 Day 185 14:00
If nothing is done, or the ban reversed, it sets a precedent for everyone to claim "they just didn't get the credits/assets/whatever". Personally, I think lying about a working game function is a breach of the rules (and would warrant a bug investigation by itself).

Year 12 Day 185 14:10
So lying is no longer acceptable game behaviour, in your opinion, Mozinwrath?

*Hal builds on one of Alissma's hidden cities on Marharawen*
Helena: Hal, did your faction build on Marharawen?
Hal: No.
*Jenos bans Hal for lying about a working game function*

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 12 Day 185 14:21
If I remember correctly the post in which he claimed he received no credits he had written something about a bug ridden game which lead to people saying bug and now that statement was edited out making him look like he didn't say it.

Year 12 Day 185 14:22
Fine, Hal. I forget your always right. Watch for the new string of "I just didn't get your half of the trade scams." Since "It's a trading dispute. Admin don't get involved in trading disputes. ", there's no one to verify the claim. And no one gets listed/known as a scammer, because nothing can be proven.

Basically, it's a free pass for all scammers to rob everyone blind, without any recompense.

Year 12 Day 185 14:26
Just to be this guy...

Bullshit ban is bullshit.

There's no evidence (that I can see) that he claimed a "bug" made the trade not go through. And as Hal said, trading disputes are between the two traders and asims should never be involved.

[00:16:42] &Gio> i don't suck at art < Proof Gio doesn't suck at art people.
Year 12 Day 185 14:35
[14:26] now why would you do something like that? All I said is that i've not recived the credits. how does that make me a scammer? Is it possible, in this bug-infested game, that they got lost?

Ah ha it was the IRC convo that was posted he did something about bugs :P

Year 12 Day 185 14:40
Drestin von Degistern

KEY PHRASE: "Is it possible"

He didn't say: "It's the bugs fault. Bugged. Bug got my credits. I blame the bug." He said: "Is it possible"

Huge difference.

EDIT: I didn't edit, >_>

Edited By: Drestin von Degistern on Year 12 Day 185 14:41
Year 12 Day 185 14:40
Typed IRC Logs can be faked.

-coff.

msGAc.gif
411-6154-ubd2908.png
zhao.png
Year 12 Day 185 14:43
^

[10:41] Jan`Ru> I am Shuji Shizuka's official multi! Ban me!

See? I can 'copy/paste' an irc log as well.

Also, what Drestin said.

Year 12 Day 185 14:43
You are ignoring, Mozin, that we have commonly seen the excuse in the past. The problem is that most people badly fake a screenshot to "prove" it, and it gets pulled apart by the artists. The only example I'm aware of with someone actually getting away with it is Gitane, which I mentioned previously.

"I didn't get it" has a much greater precedence than the bug-blaming one Jenos used for the ban.

Year 12 Day 185 14:44
I didn't type that, it was in the thread you can look there too if you want.

Year 12 Day 185 14:48
Yes, Jan'ru, Kir posted it. Not Shuji. Shuji didn't say it in his posts, and didn't admit to saying it.

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6