Time

12:17:40

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Med factions spamming and Medicae Neb-B DCs
Page 1 2
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

It was something along the lines of 'if people want to start multiple factions to get multiple ships then that's their choice'.

Darian Dash

Cool , thanks.

Any idea if the dcs disappear when the faction dissolves if they have already been assigned to SY/labs but construction hasn't started?

If the DC has been assigned, but not used when the faction dissolves, then the DC goes too. If you start construction, there is no DC left to remove, so nothing bad will happen.

Ellias_sig6.png
Darian Dash

Thanks Elias.
Is that the same for all DCs , items and weps?
Have to remember to get my DCs from established factions instead of the newer ones then.

No, just have to remember to start producing as soon as you get the DC('s), and not hold on to them for too long (even established factions might revoke your usage, with or without a refund)

Yes all DCs. However, bar Medical and Recycling (and I suppose Ships for the escape pod) only the 'established' factions have DCs - new factions don't get any anyway for you to get unassigned.

Ellias_sig6.png
So if this super awesome warship isn't allowed ot be made more then once by a single faction....cause its like you know, way better then a SSD. Why do the GE able to produce unlimited amount of SSDs? I mean, cause its such a week ship after all why would they produce so many?

Yes, I know it costs a lot and take a lot of time...but still...

jacks_sig.png

I choose death before dishonor
I'd rather die than live down on my knees
Bury me like a soldier with my dignity

In regards to the MedNeb DC:
It was something along the lines of 'if people want to start multiple factions to get multiple ships then that's their choice'. 

In regards to the SSD DC:
It's faction tech.

That's about all there is to it. This is the way it is.

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.
Ishi Tempah

Should make it stupidly expensive to produce, problem solved. OR make it so that the ship must be owned by a medical faction.

ishisigbig.png
#Libria
Another way would be to reduce its sensors to about 4 or 5, maybe less. After all, why would a medical ship need sensors? It would seriously cripple its combat effectiveness while barely hindering its originally intended medical role.

Ben Camden

Phillip: To find the escape pods with the wounded people in them?

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Well, I personally think that as a support role ship - which field hospital definitely is, it should have just enough weapons effectiveness to fend off a few stray fighters or a single smaller ship, while on battlefield it should rather be protected by heavier ships and have no chance in capship battles...
While as pointed out sensors might be needed for protecting itself (escaping from enemies) and finding pods (though friendly pods would probably share sensors with it anyway, thus be visible), but it doesn't really need to be armed over bare minimum.
It's main capacity should be healing people I guess... Then the problem would be solved - by reducing armament if it is so scary among huge battleships which will probably take part in larger fleet encounters...

mystats.php?uid=c5309
TSKIMtil.png
"I Yes all DCs. However, bar Medical and Recycling (and I suppose Ships for the escape pod) only the 'established' factions have DCs - new factions don't get any anyway for you to get unassigned."

They shouldn't be angry about the multiple factions springs up lol As Ellias said they stopped assigned dc's to factions...
For example I asked a few months back about the dc's BlasTech ought to have and i only asked for like.... 4 and none of them individually were worth over 50-60k and they said it was now a part of R&D... so my question.. is can we reinvent things that already exist? Like the Med frigate (to stay on target of course) Is it going to be able to Mod it soon so it is a "Fleet Crippler"

Page 1 2