278 are online

Year

Day

Time

15:40:35

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Soo...now perception is the main decider for the success of an arrest?
I remember when the default reaction to an arrest was to fight, and that even if you chose an option other than fighting, the rules said that fighting was always more effective than any of the other reactions, and that the least violent the reaction you chose was, the least effective it would be (or something like that). Now I take a look at the rules though, and they say the default reaction to an arrest is hiding, and doesn't say anything about fighting being more effective like it used to before. So now I'm guessing the skill that affects an arrest attempt is entirely dependent on the reaction the victim chooses and strength has no influence on any arrest attempts other than when the reaction is to fight? And since hiding is the default reaction, perception is probably the main decider for most arrest attempts on NPCs? High strength used to mean you could arrest very easily but were hard to be arrested.

Arresting is usually based on the target's reaction.

Indeed, as far as I've been aware arresting has always been based on the settings for the person being arrested.

Ellias_sig6.png
But fighting used to be the default response, right? And the rules used to say that fighting was the most effective of reactions, that the less violent reactions weren't as effective? Was that changed? There also used to be an option to pick how violent you wanted to be when arresting someone, has that been changed as well?

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

I don't recall what the default response was, but all the other stuff was just bullshit that had no bearing on the actual gameplay.

If that was ever anything more than RP fluff I don't know anything about it. I was equally as successful with "low" force as I was with "high". And A/E is always simply a comparison between the relevant skills of you and your target for their chosen reaction.

Shuji Shizuka

Fighting is the default response, but the player can set their chosen response. And it's based on the skills that are related to it.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Fighting is still the default reaction for PCs? The rules say for NPCs it's hiding though, I think I remember the default reaction for both PCs and NPCs was fighting, and that's why strength was important for arresting. I guess it was changed? Or has the default reaction for NPCs always been hiding and I just remember wrong?