284 are online

Year

Day

Time

15:05:22

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 311 13:40
First of all, I hope that this question has not been asked repeatedly, but I couldn't find any topic about it, although, I have to confess, I didn't look for long. Still, if this has been asked and answered, I would like someone to point me out to said topic.
( And add a search button or tell me where it is -,- )

Anyway, some friends of mine want to join Star Wars Combine after my continuous nagging about how awesome this game is. Problem is, the one who was the most interested in it, wants to take the R&D skills but they are not functioning yet. Is there an estimate, or even a guestimate, on when they will be implemented?

Thank you in advance.

Year 12 Day 311 13:44
Blot Hlidskjalf

soon.

a really often used word here :P

Year 12 Day 311 13:50
Soon as in sometime between now and the end of time, huh? Oh well, I'll be sure to tell my friend that.

Year 12 Day 311 13:54

You should have a look at this thread:

www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=50050

Jevon gave a very good explanation:

"You are asking for some concrete development timeframe. The dev team doesn't work that way. Its more of a "I can spend an hour or two doing this, I'll get to that later, etc" system. Combat could be ready tomorrow or a year from now, it all depends on how much time the coders can volunteer for it."

Year 12 Day 311 14:00
Ah, hence my use of the term "guestimate", but still I can and will wait for them. I do hope it comes Soon TM as in closer to "Now" than "The end of time" but hey tho =P.

A guy can dream, right!

Year 12 Day 311 14:17
R&D is currently scheduled for a post-combat implementation, although that has changed a few times. That puts it a little more in the later category than the sooner category.

Also, for forum searches if you look at the bottom of the three main forum pages, there's a couple of different options there.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 311 16:46
Right, I don't know how I missed that -,-. Thanks for pointing it out.

And post-combat huh? I guess that makes sense in a way.

Year 12 Day 311 17:38
Hal, last I heard, Zhao wanted to get it done after the whole creature/PvP combat is done, but before any sort of entity v entity combat. Hes was also looking at changing the R&D skills around a bit, but hes still playing with the system.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 311 17:47
As I said, Ellias, plans have changed. A few times.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.