270 are online

Year

Day

Time

16:13:51

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 334 9:18
How do i use a satellite? I am not at the sat's posistion....

Good lord! This thread should come with a warning label. I choked so hard on my drink I thought I was having an aneurysm or something. I'm crying over here.
Year 12 Day 334 10:58
You drop the satellite into a square and it'll augment your sensor power. There's no such thing as "remove-viewing", so you need to be in the same system/city.

Year 12 Day 334 15:33
Thank you Lord Bianchi.

Good lord! This thread should come with a warning label. I choked so hard on my drink I thought I was having an aneurysm or something. I'm crying over here.
Year 12 Day 338 21:08
Gort Horth

Someone likewise mentioned using sats to get full sensor coverage over terrain. How does that work? Can anyone drop a sat anywhere or do you need to own the planet same as with building?

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.
Year 12 Day 338 22:05
A sat is just a ship - so just drop it and it provides sensor augmentation/sharing.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 338 22:44
Gort Horth

Thanks. I'd be curious to hear a description of what dropping one is like. Obviously, you need a ship large enough to fit it. Just pull over and unboard it?

Likewise, what stops people from stealing them?

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.
Year 12 Day 338 23:51
Blot Hlidskjalf

the same as for every ship. if they are not owner, nor commander of the satellite. they can not tractor the satellite into their ship.
as ellias aubec told: sat's are ships, no items.

Year 12 Day 339 2:07
As Blot said, its just another ship basically. Just one that you cannot enter. So you have to use the motherships Unboard ability to offload it, and use tractor beams to load them onboard.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 339 17:22
What sort of ship would be used to move a satellite?

Year 12 Day 339 17:28
Something with a tractor beam and a docking bay.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 339 17:31
Helpful as ever Hal

Year 12 Day 339 17:44
What, do you want spoonfed? The Rules are over there. Go look for yourself.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.